• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Best prizm lenses for daily use?

dwp? what do you think about golf and dark golf and tried on dark gold and wow but then i was read it in my head like prizm dark gold pola... wait ITS NOT POLARIZED welp not getting that then I only like polarized lens does anyone know anything close to prizm dark golf except a prizm polarized version?

dwp? what do you think about golf and dark golf and tried on dark gold and wow but then i was read it in my head like prizm dark gold pola... wait ITS NOT POLARIZED welp not getting that then I only like polarized lens does anyone know anything close to prizm dark golf except a prizm polarized version?

Not sure the polarized Prizm lenses have any VLT over about 17%.
The Prizm lenses in the slightly higher light transmission range around P Golf are Prizm Trail, Prizm Road, TR22, Prizm Infield (may be discontinued)...... and that's about it.

Prizm Maritime may be closest choice. Prizm Rose base, polarized, and VLT of about %17.
Also ridiculously versatile.

does anyone know anything close to prizm dark golf except a prizm polarized version?

That depends on why you liked Prizm Dark Golf.

Prizm Tungsten Polarized also has a brown base, like Prizm Dark Golf. Xformr is correct in that polarized lenses are not really offered for the medium light or sporting lenses because polarization messes with depth perception and can muddle terrain features. It's also unlikely that in medium, typically flat light through cloud cover, you're also experiencing glare.

The water-based sport lenses are the exception. Prizm Deep Water or Prizm Maritime (both are always polarized), are sport lenses with polarization. If you like the brown lens of Prizm Dark Golf, and insist on polarization, go with Prizm Tungsten Polarized. Prizm Dark Golf is a great lens, an excellent candidate for everyday wear, for a vast range of conditions. It would suit you well in many situations where polarization would be annoying, or just not useful. If you want polarization though, Oakley doesn't offer nearly as many brown lenses as it does grey or rose. You want to try on the "hot" colour lenses for a yellowy-brown tint, so Prizm 24K Polarized, Prizm Ruby Polarized, or Prizm Rose Gold which is currently exclusive to Sunglass Hut.

In addition to Prizm Tungsten, check out Prizm Shallow Water as well, if you're into a bronze (as opposed to rose) lens in the ~15% VLT range.
I have no personal experience with that lens, but others claim it functions very well.

In addition to Prizm Tungsten, check out Prizm Shallow Water as well, if you're into a bronze (as opposed to rose) lens in the ~15% VLT range.
I have no personal experience with that lens, but others claim it functions very well.

Prizm Shallow is great, but it's a bit light for full sun. Use it for driving in mixed conditions as well as for sailing, kayaking and canoing

im not really a fan of the look of bronze/ tungsten from the outside, i have never actually looked through it but i have heard that is really aggressive and im looking for something really aggressive and by aggressive i mean the most color pop and contrast possible and a lot of it and i have heard people really like dwp i have never tried that on yet either not a huge fan of shallow water though and i cant get anything from oakleysi including maritime.

Boy do you like run on sentences...

im not really a fan of the look of bronze/ tungsten from the outside, BUT i have never actually looked through it (so its silly to not consider them seeing as you'll be looking at them from the in/backside and not the outside) but i have heard that is really aggressive

and im looking for something really aggressive (if aggressive is what you're after a bronze based lens should provide a greater amount of contrast than a rosier tint - try out shallow water it's not bronze or tungsten which you don't like but uses a bronze base tint) and by aggressive i mean the most color pop and contrast possible and a lot of it

and i have heard people really like dwp (lots of people like lots of different lenses, its just a matter of finding the one that works best for you and you're only going to get so much info from online - the best way is to go out an try them IRL) i have never tried that on yet either

not a huge fan of shallow water though (not a fan aesthetically or performance wise?)

and i cant get anything from oakleysi including maritime (sometimes they'll pop up on ebay, alternatively you might ask someone on here with access to oakleysi to purchase some on your behalf)

So you want a polarized contrasting lens. But don't seem to be fond of the bronze mentioned ones, although maybe you can give them a try in the store as those tend to be the more aggressive in how obvious the contrast is in comparison to the more subtle rose contrast found in prizm black/jade/daily etc.

If the reason of not liking the other bronze based for being more transparent aka people can see your eyes. check out prizm 24k, its highly reflective and as dark as DWP but gives you a more aggressive contrast in comparison thanks to the bronze base.

Unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean by really aggressive / color pop ?

Is the color pop regarding to how many dudes break their neck, to turn around to check out those LOUD colorful lenses on your face where the color really pops out?

Last edited:
If you have a spare grand laying around you can pick-up all the prizm polarized lenses and just figure out which one works best for you.. create a youtube review on all of them, share the **** out of it to get enough views so you'll make money off that video to pay them all off ;)

read further back, seems like you're stuck between sapphire and dwp... I'd go with the deep, the tint aint aggressive but they do a hell of a job as a daily pair and aren't terribly hard to come by. sapphire's FOV I find to be a bit much on overcast/cloudy days, while dwp is more even/subtle which still makes it wearable despite the lower VLT

Is the color pop regarding to how many dudes break their neck, to turn around to check out those LOUD colorful lenses on your face where the color really pops out?

:lol::lol:

Back