• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Best prizm lenses for daily use?

The Prizm Daily Polarised and Prizm Deep Water Polarised have a really nice ruby undertone to them. My favourite is the Tungsten Prizm is has really nice warm undertones but is a little harder to come by in Australia at least!

I'll jump in and add my .02 - I currently have ruby prizm polarized and I love them. The greens poop out quite well AND they do a great job for looking into water. I like these over my Flak' s with the grey prizm polarized lense because colors pop alot more - however it all depends on what is important to YOU.

I tried the shallow water and deep water yestersay and both are great lenses however I didn't notice any real "color pop" like I do with my Ruby prizms - I lied - DWP does make reds pop.

I'm short my favorite is ruby but I am still reviewing.

I am able to access the Maritimes** - what would they be closest to in terms of comparisons ?

I'll jump in and add my .02 - I currently have ruby prizm polarized and I love them. The greens poop out quite well AND they do a great job for looking into water. I like these over my Flak' s with the grey prizm polarized lense because colors pop alot more - however it all depends on what is important to YOU.

I tried the shallow water and deep water yestersay and both are great lenses however I didn't notice any real "color pop" like I do with my Ruby prizms - I lied - DWP does make reds pop.

I am able to access the Maritimes** - what would they be closest to in terms of comparisons ?

DWP or Sapphire Prizm...they are quite nice.

Prizm Maritime is like in-between DWP and SWP in the VLT percentage. They look quite similar to Prizm Jade Polarized Imo, the difference is prizm jade has a stronger rose tone to it when looking through

Prizm ruby is a odd ball lens, since the non-prizm version is blue FOV tint. While the prizm is actually bronze, with hints of light blue on the edges. However if you take prizm ruby into a dark room an shine a LED powered flashlight through the front side of the lens the color (hold the lens like 3ft from a wall to as though project the light beam) tint projected onto the wall will appear blue which threw me for a loop. So maybe that's why there such a color pop since they cover more possible colors?

You have to take into consideration if the prizm lens tint is made for a certain activity/sport it will focus on muting some colors, while making other colors that are important in those situations pop more.

Maritime is kind of like a washed-out Prizm Jade.
These collages I compiled might be more helpful in explaining that.
Images were sourced from a post by Atticus and Jaytypes lens comparison thread HERE

B50541F9-C05D-49A4-8AF6-B3568DE6E060-1.jpeg
67318970_358929934782452_8773846667867717632_n.jpg
67402509_1081460238710616_7572119882213359616_n.jpg

Boy do you like run on sentences...

im not really a fan of the look of bronze/ tungsten from the outside, BUT i have never actually looked through it (so its silly to not consider them seeing as you'll be looking at them from the in/backside and not the outside) but i have heard that is really aggressive

and im looking for something really aggressive (if aggressive is what you're after a bronze based lens should provide a greater amount of contrast than a rosier tint - try out shallow water it's not bronze or tungsten which you don't like but uses a bronze base tint) and by aggressive i mean the most color pop and contrast possible and a lot of it

and i have heard people really like dwp (lots of people like lots of different lenses, its just a matter of finding the one that works best for you and you're only going to get so much info from online - the best way is to go out an try them IRL) i have never tried that on yet either

not a huge fan of shallow water though (not a fan aesthetically or performance wise?)

and i cant get anything from oakleysi including maritime (sometimes they'll pop up on ebay, alternatively you might ask someone on here with access to oakleysi to purchase some on your behalf)
never take the time or think about putting periods or commas lol i always just forget

prizm jade polarized and dwp is the ones im trying to choose from, in the pictures that BoostBear sent jade looks way better. But dwp looks better in different lighting conditions what do you guys think?

Back