• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Best Red/Ruby Replacement Lenses

OEM is always best if you can get it or secondly a custom cut lens from the experienced folks on here. If it is aftermarket you are talking about, the best is linegear. Personally I have tried aftermarket lenses from a company called exovista, also known as keystone corporation who sell on eBay and their lenses are decent to say the least in terms of looks and the optics appear good also. If I were you I would have some cut from a ruby if possible, or from a positive red lens, regular or polarised of required. See either xmetalmaniac, dr chop or infinitehero for an oem cut on the board. :)

i've already come across many aftermarket lenses by looking it up through ebay and amazon (VL,linegear,exovista,walleva,etc.)..
but i really don't know how to get hold of OEMs..are they being posted here?

You can contact the members on here directly for a custom cut. I believe Dr Chop is no longer cutting at the moment so you can go to either xmetalmaniac or infinitehero with your requirements.
Thanks

Yeah, custom cuts are best and discostu pointed you to the right people.

If you have to go 3rd party, forum member @qtrain23 is offering some of the best I've seen, including over LineGear. Price is comparable to custom cuts. An open question is how the optics compare to OEM; qtrain is working to get a test done (thanks, qtrain...). Here's a link to the review thread; once you meet the minimum criteria of 15 posts / two weeks you can buy from a deal thread in the exchange area (or through whatever other method qtrain provides).
Custom Lens Review Thread | Oakley Forum

EDIT: I see you're a premium member, so minimum criteria for the exchange section are all good...

Last edited:
Yeah, custom cuts are best and discostu pointed you to the right people.

If you have to go 3rd party, forum member @qtrain23 is offering some of the best I've seen, including over LineGear. Price is comparable to custom cuts. An open question is how the optics compare to OEM; qtrain is working to get a test done (thanks, qtrain...). Here's a link to the review thread; once you meet the minimum criteria of 15 posts / two weeks you can buy from a deal thread in the exchange area (or through whatever other method qtrain provides).
Custom Lens Review Thread | Oakley Forum

EDIT: I see you're a premium member, so minimum criteria for the exchange section are all good...
thanks!yeah,i guess im not able to participate in the other threads yet..so i'll just keep on reading some more to get some ideas..thanks again for the link!

Big Taco Ruby lenses provide the best red for Oakley optics. You cut out all the Fruby parts. This is what members are going towards for any ruby cut.
Funny, while waiting to see if you wanted to play Forza just last night I looked at a pair of X serial Juliets that Xman had tuned up/ refinished and that you had cut rubys for from BTs.
My thoughts were "man they really don't get any better than these".
The lenses are so ruby from edge to edge with no traces of fire. Another great pair rehabbed thanks to the forum!

Latest Posts

Back