• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Best Strategies and Tips for Finding an Oakley Case

Blockster

I am Jim Jannard...
Northern California
Hi All,

My collection is getting too big for my closet and should be properly displayed in a bada$$ Oakley case. ;)

From reading the boards it seems like CL is the best way to go but any strategies, tips or tricks that you guys use would be appreciated.

My only suggestion is talk to people. Lots and lots of people. Also don't give up hope. I looked on all the sites and most of the time what I wanted was either clear across the country or really f'd up and not worth the money. Just when you think you've tried everything a lead pops up when you least expect it. Where are you located?

1. Look. Everywhere. Everyday. Internet and real life. Tell your non-Oakley friends to look. Spend your breaks at work looking. Go to malls and shops and boutiques and outlets and optical stores and race stores and bike stores and surf shops and outdoor equipment shops.
  2. Be willing to drive. Leave as soon as you find out.
  3. Have cash in hand. If you find a case in the back of an old mountain climbing shop you're better off offering cash money than trying to get them to ring it up.
  4. Be willing to wait. Especially if you don't want to put the effort in.

Dang, why didn't I think of that. Hello, Fotthill Ranch, yes I'd like some free cases please. Yea I have my credit card handy. What's that you say, all the cases are on back order? But Frank told me... Hello, ....hello? I think they hung up. Let me just drive down there and give them a piece of my mind. Now which pair should I wear that will make me look insane? Oakley Plate? No. Over the top? No. Oh here it is...the Medusa! Yea they have to listen now.

I agree with Frank FMJ, Oakley should hook all of us up with a one!!!!
Also Rustpot is right on. I grabbed my case from a friend of mine that is moving out of the area. He got his (as an Oakley employee) but went to the Finish Line in the mall and every week for 3 months asked the manager to have theirs. One day the case was gone. He asked where it went. They said that the lights stopped working and it was in the back. After another month of persistence the manager told him he can have it. Free.
But 4 months of pushing made it happen

After 5 minutes of searching, I found this 1.5 hr from my house. If I was going to be that into collecting , I'd jump on this. They're out there.

Screenshot_2015-08-24-19-43-47.png

Yes, I am going to be looking for one or two also (Two preferably). The diamond plating would compliment a stainless steel tool box I have in the garage.

Latest Posts

Back