• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Best Time To Sell Oakleys: Now Or After Christmas

jk-27 is right, Australia has just hit Summer and it's perfect timing to be buying sunglasses! I've purchased about 6 pairs alone in the last few weeks leading up to Christmas (all for me tho, not prezzies for others)

The way I look at it too (in regards to the Christmas season) if someone can afford to spends hundreds on sunglasses, then it shouldn't matter what time of year it is! If they're smart with money they would have had most of their Christmas shopping done well before the season hits, leaving them with spending money of their own for this time of year!

So.... Sell away buddy! Just don't under cut yourself and sell too cheap thinking that people can't afford to buy before Christmas! There's ALWAYS someone out there with money to spend!!

Definitely a good point about selling to international markets like Australia during this time of year. My post was largely based on my experience selling domestically, although a lot of international buyers are now purchasing from me using U.S. shipping addresses/remailing services. But I definitely see a huge spike in sales during Feb thru July (>1000 pairs/month during the peak summer months) so I would still recommend holding off until then if you can. And my prices are generally set higher during those months as well.

I haven't experienced any low sales on eBay yet actually. Most of my stuff still gets sold at the prices I was aiming to hit. You could also just make a reserver or a buy it now price to avoid any losses. I usually just let mine ride out.

Latest Posts

Back