• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
I think some of the other posters have brought up a very good point on where you live will have an impact on good lens choices. I live in the North East where we have alot of green's and it's often cloudy/grey and find that something in the 15-25 % range works better than the darker tints. I like polarizing when driving because often times it allows me to see if brake lights are coming on in the car(s) ahead of the car ahead of me depending on the car of course. This really helps in stop and go traffic. I've found that some of the tints that shift color alot tend to be a little more fatiguing for me over time where some of the mild contrast lenses work very well. Right now I'm running OO Red Iridium polarized in one pair of fj's and vr28 in another pair. Both are rx lenses and I much prefer the OO Red unless it's really grey. The mild color shift of that lens isn't enough to mess with picking things up and it's a nice middle ground as far a light transmission. I'm interested to see the prizm lenses when they come out with an rx option.

I use plain grey for daily driving.
But when its really sunny out I'll wear a Photo chromatic, red iridium or a polarized lens.

I'm loving the 00 red iridium polarized. Definitely brings out more contrast than a grey base lens.

I was wearing Black Iridium polarized, and find that they don't bring out the road features as much.

My personal favorite for all around use is 00 Black Iridium Polar..brightens things up on those cloudy/rainy days and works great in bright sun

hello all I work as a patrol officer in the desert of Southern California. I drive a vehicle for about 8-9 hours a day...I'm also in and out constantly. It is always extremely sunny here, and the heat can go up to 120. I have always used black iridium polarized for my tint (I wear rx sunglasses) but I see that Oakley is incorporating prizm in their rx now. My question is based on my activities posted above, what tint would be the best? Black iridium polarized, or prizm daily or road? Thanks

I live in the High Desert in So Cal. My go to lens is Titanium.

Light transmissions:
BIP - 9% neutral
Titanium - 12% contrast
Daily Prizm Polar - 14% contrast
VR28 BIP - 14% contrast
OO Red I Polar - 18% contrast
Road Prizm - 20% contrast

My eyes are very sensitive. I drive from the High Desert to Los Angeles 5 days a week, 75 miles one way. I fell In love with the titanium lens. The contrast lens is great, it is a little darker than dpp, but lighter than BIP.

I have tried road prizm, but it doesn't have the polar required up here in the desert. And during bright light, it doesn't work for me.

DPP is a beautiful lens, no doubt. My dad has these, but when I tried them out, I really like the ti more.

I have OO red iridium polar as well. They are outstanding in not as bright days. Anytime besides dead of summer. Problem with the desert, you get that reflection off the sand/dirt. I would switch from OO RIP and Ti no problems. Depending on season.

Vr28 BIP.. I don't have this lens.

OO BIP - rose constrat tint. Used this for a couple years before finding titanium. Great overall lens.

Back