• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Best way to clean prizm polarized lenses

Davemsc

Oakley Beginner
Hey all

Well i couldn't decide between the prizm polarized sapphire and prizm polarized ruby so i kept both lol.

But what is the best way to keep these suckers clean? Can i use just a touch of hand soap or dish soap and gently rub both sides with my fingers and them give a good rinse and then let them dry? It's just mainly to get the sweat and skin oil off of them.

Thanks!
Dave

Hey all

Well i couldn't decide between the prizm polarized sapphire and prizm polarized ruby so i kept both lol.

But what is the best way to keep these suckers clean? Can i use just a touch of hand soap or dish soap and gently rub both sides with my fingers and them give a good rinse and then let them dry? It's just mainly to get the sweat and skin oil off of them.

Thanks!
Dave
I was using Dawn cut 50-50 with water to clean my PB2 lenses for years with no ill effects. I doubt prizm lense coatings are any different. Since discovering the forum, I’ve switched to Oakley/Sunglass Hut cleaning fluid (since it’s free after initial purchase) for the lenses, but still use dawn for cleaning frames.

I was using Dawn cut 50-50 with water to clean my PB2 lenses for years with no ill effects. I doubt prizm lense coatings are any different. Since discovering the forum, I’ve switched to Oakley/Sunglass Hut cleaning fluid (since it’s free after initial purchase) for the lenses, but still use dawn for cleaning frames.
I use dish soap for cleaning frames as well. Do you think it will cause any degradation on the flex couplers or rubbers over time?

I use dish soap for cleaning frames as well. Do you think it will cause any degradation on the flex couplers or rubbers over time?
No idea, but my PB2 rubbers are still fine. I think as long as they’re rinsed well, and the dawn isn’t full strength, it’ll be fine. I’d imagine cleaning them is better than leaving grease, hair product, etc on the flex couplers.

Ok cool..thanks. I wasn't sure about that cleaning fluid at sunglass hut because I've never had expensive sunglasses before so it wasn't even on my radar
I would think soap would be ok, but maybe I'll get that cleaning fluid.....

Ok cool..thanks. I wasn't sure about that cleaning fluid at sunglass hut because I've never had expensive sunglasses before so it wasn't even on my radar
I would think soap would be ok, but maybe I'll get that cleaning fluid.....
It’s not a requirement, like I said I was using dawn for years, but it’s convenient on the go. Plus, it’s free refills (in the US at least)

It’s not a requirement, like I said I was using dawn for years, but it’s convenient on the go. Plus, it’s free refills (in the US at least)
Yeah you're right it's very convenient. i'd rather be seen with a tiny spray bottle outside than a huge dish soap in my pocket 😂

Latest Posts

Back