• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Best way to clone 2nd gen carbon ichiro’s?

Smiley

I should Work at Oakley
Since I can’t find a legitimate set of gen 2 ichiro’s, I would like to build a clone set. What is the best pieces to use? I don’t need the signature lenses as mostly I just really dig the color way of the carbon black look and the blue lenses and earsocks etc. I’m watching a carbon (non Hammerstein frame on eBay right now, I also see a Finito frame set as well. What’s the difference there? After that I’ll need advice where to get the best blue lenses (I’m leaning towards sapphire currently) and then a good ear sock temple nose piece set. Thanks in advance for any and all help in doing this.

A carbon blueOO clone was up for grabs in the exchange a month or so ago, maybe two months. I do not recall the seller. Surf through or search.

Here you are brother, make an offer and then throw some carbon-ish on it. I bet Zach can set you up.
I charge a small 10% finders fee.:lol:

A carbon blueOO clone was up for grabs in the exchange a month or so ago, maybe two months. I do not recall the seller. Surf through or search.

I think I saw it and I believe it sold. Probably woulda bought it but didn’t really matter as a new member I can’t see sellers PM etc

Since I can’t find a legitimate set of gen 2 ichiro’s, I would like to build a clone set.
What's a gen 2 ichiro's ?

What is the best pieces to use?
Going genuine would be best...

I don’t need the signature lenses as mostly I just really dig the color way of the carbon black look and the blue lenses and earsocks etc.
Well that should save you some money...

I’m watching a carbon (non Hammerstein frame on eBay right now, I also see a Finito frame set as well. What’s the difference there?
Not much aside from price if you plan to use them for a tribute pair..
2017-12-26 12.29.18.jpg

After that I’ll need advice where to get the best blue lenses (I’m leaning towards sapphire currently) and then a good ear sock temple nose piece set.
Sapphire wasn't an factory option lens nor does it really match the original OO Blue. If you decide to go with those, you'd be best off contacting @Chris A Hardaway for getting some custom cuts.

Linegear makes a quality blue set of rubbers, although they aren't quite the same shade of blue as the ichiro

Thanks in advance for any and all help in doing this.

If you don't care for the hammer stems, going with a later generation carbon will be more the gunmetal finish that the ichiro tends to have.
custom juliet carbon + black iridium polarized oakley joe a.JPG

I was thinking either this frame and some sapphire lenses and blue accents

Watch out for those customs charges and South American shipping. I shipped to Brazil, it did make it but took about 40 days.

@narplife, I agree with pretty much everything you said. The second gen as I am to understand it were the carbon Ichiro’s that were pulled early on. I could be wrong about this but idk. I love the carbon with blue look. I see blue differently then most, supposedly I’m red/green weak in my eye sight. I can see those colors just not like everyone else. Blue also but they seem brighter to me. I suppose after looking at the OO lenses that I should start searching those out, I do like those better. I’m not against the hammers, I actually have a set of Pro frames I’ve had since they were initially released. I just suspect finding a set will be mission impossible.

Back