• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Best X-Metal Frame Color for Jade Lenses

Hang Loose

Oakley Beginner
Refinishing one of my Juliet frames. Plan to put in some new Jade lenses, which just arrived. What frame color would look best to match the Jade lenses? Plasma, X-Metal, Carbon, other? Recommendations?

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Agree.

Have two pairs of lenses:
  • Ice
  • Jade
Have two frames they will go into:
  • Gen2 Plasma. Good shape, just needs a tune-up.
  • Gen1 Bone Plasma. Needs refinish. While I love the original 'bone', the oxidation/coloring is too much on the frame. As such, I have freedom to select a frame finish.
Trying to decide which lens color to place into the Gen2 Plasma. Then the other lens color will go into the Gen1 frame refinish...under a new color perhaps. Open to suggestions. Thanks all!

Jade looks better in polished/plasma/xmetal

Here's mine in xmetal....

IMG_5618.JPG

Thanks all. I'll place the Ice lenses into the later gen Plasma frame. Then place the Jade into the newly refinished frame in X-Metal. While I love a black frame as well (carbon or mat), I think I'd enjoy the rawness of the x-metal coloring. Thanks for the photos @Litos - Looking good with the Jade/XMetal combo. Helped push me a little in that direction. Cheers. I'll post photos once complete later this month.

Back