• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

BEWARE (caution): Minute Machine/Time Tank Owners!! PLEASE READ And Contribute Pics!

Sooo... I'm updating this thread. After going back and seeing my previous posts about my Time Tank not having any problems, and everything operating normally, last week my clasp decided that it would no longer grip the little post and hold the band closed. Ughhhh. Nothing I could do. I contacted Oakley Canada, even told them about it being a known issue, and regrettable had to purchase a new clasp, part #12-016, a total of $135.06CDN shipped to Canada. Ah well, what am I gonna do? Had to suck it up as this is my favorite and only watch, and it gets compliments on a weekly basis. There no way I was williing to retire it. So there's the story, I'll know to baby it even more than I already do.

Sadly, I'm having the same problem right now. Or at least a similar one. When I press the release buttons on my titanium MM band clasp, I can see that one of the little metal bars that retract to release the locking post is gone. So, the clasp holds the post, but only on one side and it is a very weak feeling clasp. Sent it back to Oakley HQ last week. Crossing my fingers that it is not too expensive to fix. But yes, I'm no longer snapping my bands shut any longer, but am instead pushing releases and pressing shut to close bands gently.

Sadly, I'm having the same problem right now. Or at least a similar one. When I press the release buttons on my titanium MM band clasp, I can see that one of the little metal bars that retract to release the locking post is gone. So, the clasp holds the post, but only on one side and it is a very weak feeling clasp. Sent it back to Oakley HQ last week. Crossing my fingers that it is not too expensive to fix. But yes, I'm no longer snapping my bands shut any longer, but am instead pushing releases and pressing shut to close bands gently.

Shocking Update: So...the damage to fix this tiny little clasp issue is a mere $291 !!!! That's the price the warranty department quoted me today to replace the clasp (since they can't just repair the clasp). I about fell over when I heard the cost of the repair. Now the problem is what to do. I want it fixed, but a guy's gotta eat, pay rent, etc. I'm so pissed right now.

Shocking Update: So...the damage to fix this tiny little clasp issue is a mere $291 !!!! That's the price the warranty department quoted me today to replace the clasp (since they can't just repair the clasp). I about fell over when I heard the cost of the repair. Now the problem is what to do. I want it fixed, but a guy's gotta eat, pay rent, etc. I'm so pissed right now.

Damn, that's ridiculous! Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, that's just how the repairs at Oakley go most of the time. They're not very good about just "fixing" things. They're more about replacing them. I would just scour around for a damaged watch for the bracelet and at least have the other parts as well. Might get lucky. I don't think they plan on discontinuing the MM any time soon, so you shouldn't have to worry out that.

Yeahh unfortunately that sounds about right. The replacement clasp itself is part #12-016. I paid a total of $135.06CDN shipped to Canada for that part and I changed the clasp myself. If you've sent it to Oakley... you're now paying the bucks for thier time and labor and other fees. I'd ask them to provide you with the part, ship the watch back to you, and you do the switchover yourself.

Man, that's rough! I would see if they would just ship it to you like others have said and do the work yourself. That's a lot of money!

Just got off the phone with an O rep named Rob. First off, #12-016 is not the part # for the Minute Machine clasp as indicated in this thread. According to the rep, that part # is for RX glasses. Second, I don't know how you were able to order the part in the first place because according to Rep. Rob, it's all or nothing on the repairs. They don't sell or send out watch parts, and they only offer parts for sale if you also have them do the repair. Uhhhhhg.

Just got off the phone with an O rep named Rob. First off, #12-016 is not the part # for the Minute Machine clasp as indicated in this thread. According to the rep, that part # is for RX glasses. Second, I don't know how you were able to order the part in the first place because according to Rep. Rob, it's all or nothing on the repairs. They don't sell or send out watch parts, and they only offer parts for sale if you also have them do the repair. Uhhhhhg.

I recently tried to obtain some screws for the Time Machine links. No go. You must mail back the entire watch with links and have O "repair" it.
Talk about customer dis-service! Fortunately my two year battery renewal is coming up so I will mail in the links at the same time.. Wish there was a way to request additional phosphor coating on the hands. My only serious grievance with the watch is that I can't make out the time at night in a dark room.

I know I'm late in replying... please accept my humble apologies... it's part #27-016. Keep in mind this came from Oakley Canada, they had no such issues with sending me a replacement clap.