1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. HogansHero

HogansHero Oakley Beginner

Good point. After the buyer takes it to the Kiosk at the mall to get a new battery and the clerk strips the screwholes and scratches the the crystal. True story on a Diesel Watch I had years ago. That's how I winded up being friends with my jeweler. No more kiosks.

Oakley-olic likes this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. HogansHero

HogansHero Oakley Beginner

Yes very true. I hear ya on asking questions. I did the same, was told it worked perfectly a month ago and only needed a battery. Also, claimed no scratches and of course the band had multiple scratches on at least 4 links. That's essentially what happened to mine. I only had to pay for parts. I think I paid $165 for the watch so in the end it wasn't a deal. I have been looking for a deal on a Double Tap Stealth but there's no way I'm dropping $700 for an ebay special.

Last edited: 1/8/17
  3. the_owl

the_owl Oakley Expert

Whatever Frank. Im guessing you got a scratched up Judge II and a clocked out leather Minute Machine

OakleyFrankFMJ likes this.
  4. Lupetto

Lupetto Oakley Expert

Some countries including Japan don't allow shipping of items with batteries.

motoGP_fanatic and HogansHero like this.
  5. Ack

Ack Oakley Beginner Premium Member

If anyone lives in SoCal you can take your watch to Oakley HQ and have any battery replaced, even if it's still working. I bought a couple of MM recently, one that the battery was dead. I took them both into Lake Forest customer service and they replaced both batteries and checked them out when they were open.

6. iamFLIP

iamFLIP [{#%^*+_\|~<>?!$&@}] Premium Member

How will the buyer know it was done by a qualified person?

7. Medusa50

Medusa50 Oakley Expert

I'm not talking about a receipt from the kiosk at Sears. I'm talking about a reputable name like Oakley HQ, perhaps a jeweler or watch repair place. At least I could call and research who they are. I wouldn't be very comfortable if it wound up being some retailer that just sells watch batteries and has no real credentials on a handwritten receipt.

8. Oakley-olic

Oakley-olic Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

For quartz watches I only have trust in 2, Mike at HQ and me. With autos I will only take it to where Oakley sends them to, Hayes Jewelers. Not to far from HQ.

9. Medusa50

Medusa50 Oakley Expert

So BatteriesRUs is out?

10. Medusa50

Medusa50 Oakley Expert

I tried FMJay me! They sucked.
    IN N OUT Battery!
    Killbatteryswitcheroo!

None of them looked reputable