• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Beware of Buying Watches That Need A New Battery

Well in my case I've purchased 3 or 4 watches from different forum member and all came with dead batteries. Took them to a reputable dealer and he switched them in no time and without a hassle. No batteries had exploded or leaked, and some of these watches were old (torpedo, detonator, etc).
I think it depends on the use and what kind of battery was previously installed, cheap batteries are never good, I always go with duracel or energizer.
Btw there was cool fella working in Saks back in the day that helped me out switching my judge battery. We simply went to the cartier jewler inside the store and they did the switch for a decent price with 1 year warrant. All I had to do was ask for help

Well in my case I've purchased 3 or 4 watches from different forum member and all came with dead batteries. Took them to a reputable dealer and he switched them in no time and without a hassle. No batteries had exploded or leaked, and some of these watches were old (torpedo, detonator, etc).
I think it depends on the use and what kind of battery was previously installed, cheap batteries are never good, I always go with duracel or energizer.
Btw there was cool fella working in Saks back in the day that helped me out switching my judge battery. We simply went to the cartier jewler inside the store and they did the switch for a decent price with 1 year warrant. All I had to do was ask for help
I like jewlers too but even people who aren't Hebrew can fix a watch. Lol

Latest Posts

Back