• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Beware this eBay Seller! pasi3646

Anthony Thomas

Oakley Expert
I won an Ebay auction yesterday for a used Carbon Romeo 2 and paid for it via Paypal immediately after the auction ended. However, for some reason the seller has not claimed or accepted the payment and relisted the item for much higher starting price than what I won and purchased the item for.

There are several lessons to be taken away. First beware of this cat: claims to be from Hyannis, Massachusetts. Email is paulosree13@gmail.com

His relisting of the item I bought is here:

Second. After contacting Ebay Customer Service they wrote this:

RE: Helping your buyers with items not received SR# 1-252802970336

Hello Anthony,

Good Day!

Thank you for reaching us regarding the purchase you made with the seller (pasi3646). I checked your account and I was able to validate that the payment was unclaimed. I'm sorry that the transaction did not go well.

I also checked on the messages and I saw that the seller is not responding. The seller should ship the item with in 7 days from the date you paid for it. If you are willing to give the seller chance up until the 1st of April, that would be much appreciated.

Moving forward, you still have the option to just cancel your payment through paypal since it is not yet claimed and look for similar item.

Have a wonderful day Anthony and always take care.

Sincerely,
Jofelyn R.
eBay Customer Support
[THREAD ID: 1-384WD0BM]

Third, due to COVID19, Paypal Resolutions is not available so good luck with transactions that do not go well. Similarly, Ebay has some limited staffing as well though they did respond rather quickly to my inquiry.

Fourth, it is unclear if I can cancel my payment without now being subject to a negative comment on eBay. I think if I can just cancel the payment and be done with it I will. And good luck to the next person who chooses to buy from this guy. Hopefully, others on this forum won't be used by a similar scheme to try to jack up the price of a sale.

Unfortunately due to the covid-19 situation, they have introduced a temporary provision, wherein the seller has the liberty to bail out or not fulfill the sale. However this seems to be a case where the seller is trying to circumvent, or take advantage of this seller privilege. Thanks for alerting the community. Red flagged!!

The problem with waiting is this; the seller re-listed and his sale is for almost another month! So, I can wait until either the relisting doesn't sell and MAYBE he decides to finally accept my payment and ship (God knows what) to me, and if the item is not as described then I have to start the process of resolution but having to wait who knows how long for Paypal staffing to resume their services which is currently not available.

I guess my feeling is something who is willing to be be dishonest about an auction is just as likely to be dishonest about the item being sold. It is really just about making the most money with the system helping the seller.

If Ebay says I can bail without any foul or negative feedback to me - I'm gone.

The problem with waiting is this; the seller re-listed and his sale is for almost another month! So, I can wait until either the relisting doesn't sell and MAYBE he decides to finally accept my payment and ship (God knows what) to me, and if the item is not as described then I have to start the process of resolution but having to wait who knows how long for Paypal staffing to resume their services which is currently not available.

I guess my feeling is something who is willing to be be dishonest about an auction is just as likely to be dishonest about the item being sold. It is really just about making the most money with the system helping the seller.

If Ebay says I can bail without any foul or negative feedback to me - I'm gone.
If you google "can ebay sellers leave negative feedback for buyers" ebay states: Sellers aren't able to leave negative or neutral Feedback for buyers.

Now, not sure if that changes if you cancel the transaction, but I wouldn't think so.

Back