• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Big glasses / sizing question for a fat-head !

sevenfourate

Oakley Beginner
Hiya all,

Joined up a week or so ago in readiness for my first Oakley purchase (Yes i understand already how the bug can bite and you can soon own multiple pairs !)

I'm a pretty big guy with a big face to boot. I tried a guys Fuel Cells and Oil rigs at work. I thought both were ok....until i made it to a store that had alot of models in stock today.

Fuel Cells, GasCans etc all then felt - more 'looked' - quite small (Especially on the width).

The best fit was either HiJinx (An old model now im told) which felt truly great, or the Turbine.....which i gather is its replacement.

The other model that may be a good fit im told; is the PitBull. But being an old model - they didnt have any of these in the shop and i couldnt try them on. How do the pitbulls compare to the HiJinx or Turbine. Or anything else i've missed ???

Thanks - Shuv

I'd go for some Oakley Special Addition Heritage Eyeshades.

Not having a store is part of the problem - im in a fairly remote part of the UK. The shop (Not an O-Store) i went into today had a few models.....but didn't even have a brochure for example !

Thats why my direct knowledge is limited to the few pairs of my Boss's that ive tried on (Fuel cell + Oil Rig) and the HiJinx and Turbine i tried today.

The Hijink i would say was a perfect fit for me (Well - the best by far that ive tried on), the Turbine was very-very close behind. The only model now id be interested in is the PitBull. But as its an old model no-where ive been stocks it.

Thats why i wondered how Pitbulls's compared to either Turbines or HiJinxs for us larger chaps ;)

Out in the Broads huh? (I realise not in Norfolk though).

If you make it down to London, definitely go to Covent Garden for the UK's flagship (and only!) O-Store. They have all the current models to try on.

And check out posts by QLR1 in the "what are you wearing" thread, he is arguably the forum's most prominent larger-noggined model!

Out in the Broads huh? (I realise not in Norfolk though).

If you make it down to London, definitely go to Covent Garden for the UK's flagship (and only!) O-Store. They have all the current models to try on.

And check out posts by QLR1 in the "what are you wearing" thread, he is arguably the forum's most prominent larger-noggined model!

Getting close to the Broads yes ! Few 'shops' in Norwich today - buy only one had much in at-all.

I will make it down to London im sure (Thanks for the advice), but was hoping to get something before my Holiday's abroad - when hopefully i'll deffo need them.

Now about to check out QLR1's posts.

Thanks for the advice - as ever chaps and chappesses.........

Back