• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Big Kitchen Backpack

Come through. I just stocked up from that new dispensary in Longwood and got some fire weed right now
Im currently vehicless. Ive stocked up for a long weekend night. Hope ive thought of everything. Trip to outlets would be great. We can get the employees to not care about our classic superior glasses.

It was in the what are you driving thread a
You got that?

Not me but some guy with the handle "interestingfellow" did. I find that quite intriguing. But whoever drives has to wear a OTT. Preferably windows down and blaring some Slayer.

So I really want to like this bk bag but I almost feel it’s too big. Not in the “too big” way that I would like. (Insert middle school jokes here) I love the space and I really like all the little compartments it has on the outside of the bag especially the bottom stowaway part (meant for wet clothes or dirty gym sneakers) where I can put my ifixit tools and leather wraps with cables but it’s like a duffle or gym bag on the inside which is nice. But I’m the kind of person that likes pockets or hidden compartments. I don’t know. It would be awesome to find parts like the peak design bags have that are removable shelves for cameras that I could use but it would be for my go bags and other things. I’m taking it with me along with my incase diamond wire backpack that I keep going back too. A $250 bag for only $125 is a steal. I don’t want that to be the reason for keeping it though. I think once I utilize it on this trip and really see how it works out. I’ll make a decision. The good thing is Oakley in NY said they would allow me to return it there if I need too.

Just a comparison. I tried the pelican U100 and thought it was awesome but again. It was bulky and didn’t utilize the space I would’ve liked it too. The hardshell pelican. Case built into the backpack was awesome but it’s unfortunate that my 13 mbp was shuffling around in it. I tried contacting a couple of places to get custom tearaway foam made but it was too much to make and the bag was already over $290.
Anyways. The other thing that I would’ve like to have seen in the bk bag is instead of the loops on the sides or the metal loops on the bottom. It would have been awesome to have a couple on the straps. I use an Oakley carabiner for my keys with a black diamond carabiner as well with both having the keysmart magconnect attachments for quick release. Also maybe a cable guide for a usb cable that went from one of the side pockets up through one of the straps to my phone if and when needed

I’m a magnet or retractable kind of person. If I had it my way. My house would have retracable cables from the ceiling or walls for a quick release charge or nat connection. Yes instead of WiFi lol. maybe even magnets that held things in place. Lol. When I use to work at the Apple store years ago before going corporate I had everything hanging and attached to a magnet so when I needed it. I would detach from the magnet. It would release more from the top and when I got done. I would give it a little tug and it would retract, then place it back on the magnet.
Sounds crazy but I never lost a tool or screws or any parts cause I would either have it hanging or it would be connected somehow to a bucket that was magnetic but not enough to cause electrical issues with chips. Anyways I got side tracked lol

Latest Posts

Back