• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Big Time Score!

You know I thought I saw the Blue Frost Oil Rigs for a while too. I don't know if any of the Holiday Editions sold all that great. I passed on the Science Fuel Cells when they first came out, but after seeing them at the Vault I took the plunge. I didn't have a pair of Fuel Cell's yet and with a cheaper price that help to sway my opinion too. The 2008 Holiday Editions were the White Hot Series, check them out here at the O-Review http://www.o-review.com/glassesmodels.asp?model=White Hot&Sig=Yes.

wow

i have to go to the next O-store to get something for my addiction....
those i wear right now!

img1576r.th.jpg

but those getting old :lol:

i need some new stuff!!!

BAPD77 said:
SpliceD said:
I'm almost a bit embarrassed to ask this, but i'm gonna ask anyway:

What's so special about the "Exclusive Science" Fuel cells? Is it just another special limited colorway? Any meaning behind it?

I saw both the green and the purple at a vault but didn't buy since i didn't think much of them.

Each year for the past 3? I believe, Oakley has done a holiday set of sunglasses. In 2009, Oakley did the Holiday Oil Rigs which consisted of the frost blue, matte clear with ice, and matte clear/text with black iridium. The Exclusive Science set of 3 Fuel Cells is the holiday limited edition Oakley put out for the 2010 Holiday season. That is what they are. There are the matte black with violet, matte dark grey with emerald and matte white with chrome. The only difference is the colorway and they all have the science molecule earstems. They are technically a limited edition, but according to some O reps and what I've seen at the vault stores, etc. they apparently did not sell very well. Personally, I have all 3 of them and absolutely love them all. I'm really surprised they didn't do as well as the holiday oil rigs which were sold out within a few weeks in 2009.

Ah, thanks for explaining that :)