• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Biggest Regret....

• Thread starter Deleted member 24
  • Start date
I have to agree with ptownphil and GRFM - I used to buy the cheap stuff, figured I put enough wear and tear on sunnies that it wasn't worth spending more, and when they needed to be replaced, I'd end up with something in a more current style.

Until I got my first Oaks. Which were x-metals. But I stayed at only two pairs for years during a time when they were still in production and retail was the most you'd pay for them; didn't start hoarding until after they were discontinued and premium priced.

If I had been gathering x-metals during more of those production years... sigh. And if I had been gathering Oaks over all my sunglasses years... double sigh.

456195d1410358966-lose-vs-loose-cant-figure-out-ed9e649553bdfd305987604192fbcb6d.jpg

"nam sayin'"

4321.jpg

4308.jpg

And spell-checking the word "checking"...

Not sure whether I have any major regrets. Only started buying Oakley a few years ago, so I had no clue about metals and elite until I hit up the forum. They are nice, but the bug hasn't bitten me. Only regret is buying pairs that I can't wear.

Not the biggest regret, but some tri-guy was having a huge dump on his gear a few years ago. He was selling Jawbones + extra lenses and case for $40. I passed up because I was using my available funds to get something else from him (which I thought I needed more) and I was holding out on Radars.

I did end up with another Jawbone for $40 anyway with a case + persimmon lenses, but the one I missed out one could've been my actual....douche pair :(

Biggest regret not buying Romeo 1 all three color frame and a MJ Jordan when still in college instead buying a wiretap and a square wire SH 2.0

Passed up 2 infinite hero juliet for 300 each and 24k juliet at 350 ohhh that was dumb and stupid.

kicking myself now for selling the following....:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

bnib finito
2 pairs of 24k juliets (54 and 58/750) (got these on ebay even before they were available for purchase on the oakley site)...
3 bnib tron pitbosses
polished chrome romeo
about 4 pairs of first gen romeo ti (i still have a couple but the value has significantly increased since then)
3 lnib x metal ruby pennys

right not the value is too high to get them all back (or even half....or even one:oops:)

- I regret not buying the C-Six Carbon at retail when I had the chance. I had the money at the time and marveled at it in person, but just could not swallow the price.
- I also regret not buying the 24k X-metals at retail just like most of you.
- I started my X-Metal collecting back in 2002, but obviously regret not buying more of them at retail.
- The copper Penny... Damn, I wish I would have bought it at retail. I thought it was too ugly at the time; now I have one that I paid significantly more than retail for.
- I regret accidentally leaving a polished Penny in a hotel room for someone else to enjoy.
There are probably more, but these are my biggest regrets.

Mine is selling a pair of penny's I got for 75 bucks... That and some Juliet's I have sold that I got super cheap and probably just blew the profits on stupid crap like rent...

Latest Posts

Back