• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

BIP vs PBP

Mowgly

Oakley Beginner
Chicago
Hi,
I’ve recently purchased 2 pairs of oakley sunglasses:
- Catalyst with BIP(Black Iridium Polarized) lenses
- Targetline with PBP(Prizm Black Polarized) lenses
But I’m going to return one and keep just one pair.

I like both of them equally in design wise and how they fit on my face. So now it came down to which lens is better and why...

I sometimes go for fishing, mostly driving and biking. Watching baseball games... going to the beach or going to the park walking my dogs.... etc. I know the Targetline was initially designed for playing golf but I don’t play golf at all.

only difference I noticed is that PBP is a bit rosey while BIP is neutral grey overall. If you know more about them please let me know which pair I should keep and why...

Thank you

I have both and they both are great, they do have their pros and cons:

BIP is best in bright sunshine or driving into sunrise/sunset.

PBP has that slight rose base to it that gives a bit more pop.

Everybody’s eyes are different. I would say keep the one you personally prefer because you will be the one looking through them.

PBP in my experience seemed to improve contrast, but at the expense of also toning down some colors. Not to the point where I'm thinking I'm colorblind, but particularly reacting to something like traffic lights is slower. This is less of an issue for me when using VR28BIP. If I'm after contrast, I'm going after Road or something with a respective dedicated intent (Snow for snow, Shallow/Deep for water, Field for field, etc). I've liked Oakley's transition into Prizm for the most part, but the general variants don't really go anywhere for me.

And generally speaking, I look to Black Iridium as what should be the fundamental "neutral" color option.

Back