• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Black 3.0 Display Case Help. Troubleshooting

Not to hijack here but I have a similar issue with mine. I have fluorescent's top and bottom with separate ballast for each. The bottom lights work but the top do not (they did). I am now assuming it is the ballast. Anyone know where to get one and how easy they are to change?

It is mentioned that the ballasts are easy to change, I dismounted them and opened the ballast to begin disconnecting it and to take to an electrical supply store. Once I opened it and its all sealed inside. I just re-installed it an put it off for the time being.

Its recently come to light ( No pun intended) that the unit is very sensitive with replacement bulbs and many do not work. I have a set coming, we'll see if it will resolve the issue or if I will be replacing the ballast after all. In my case its the ballast for the halogens ( Top down lights) that do not function.

Are the units that use fluorescents as sensitive about what bulbs you use? I just grabbed a fluorescent from lowes. It worked when I tried it in the bottom fixture just not the top.

Did you ever find a ballast that worked for you? (M16 one) I havent started looking yet really.

Back