• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Black ceramic finish

I know at one point people were throwing the two colors around as interchangeable. At least on offroading parts, rims and armor and what not.

But good to know

The Wavecloud Black Chrome....

CCF9148D-5D0B-4862-8474-37F356E0D8FF.jpeg

What about a clear cera coat with a touch of black in it?????
I've tried that. Problem with that is most black toners aren't exactly black. They're a yellow black or a blueish black. So you don't get a nice black. You get a gold black or a blue black. Also cerakote clear is pretty picky with anything you mix in it. It powder candies that work in normally clears refuse to mix into cerakote clear. Some house of colors candy concentrates work in cerakote clears but some dont and they don't make a black candy concentrate. I have tried dozens of combinations to come across something that will work. I have done a few that look like the pairs above but the durability of the coating isn't great.

I've tried that. Problem with that is most black toners aren't exactly black. They're a yellow black or a blueish black. So you don't get a nice black. You get a gold black or a blue black. Also cerakote clear is pretty picky with anything you mix in it. It powder candies that work in normally clears refuse to mix into cerakote clear. Some house of colors candy concentrates work in cerakote clears but some dont and they don't make a black candy concentrate. I have tried dozens of combinations to come across something that will work. I have done a few that look like the pairs above but the durability of the coating isn't great.
If you need a guinea pig frame I’ll get one to you ;)