• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Black Chroming X-Metals

KG22

Oakley Beginner
So I picked up a Romeo 2 frame dirt cheap in hopes of customizing it. I have seen other X-Metals that were black chromed but was unable to figure out if plating or another coating (other than paint or cerakote) would work.

I am hoping someone here got this done and has an idea what to do. I tried with local places with no luck.

@THE X-MAN should be able to help you out. I wouldn't trust anyone without experience with the R2 since parts for these are virtually impossible to find! You're local suppliers may have experience doing the cerakote or refinishing...but I doubt if they have experience in handling X-Metals.

So I picked up a Romeo 2 frame dirt cheap in hopes of customizing it. I have seen other X-Metals that were black chromed but was unable to figure out if plating or another coating (other than paint or cerakote) would work.

I am hoping someone here got this done and has an idea what to do. I tried with local places with no luck.

See if you can find someone in your area who does dlc or melting plasma coatings.

Back