• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Black Iridium for regular glasses

MissM1940

Oakley Beginner
Last year (11/22), I purchased a pair of regular Oakley glasses at Lens Crafters, and they added the Black Iridium coating to the lens - they were AWESOME. Sadly, a couple of weeks ago I lost them, and Oakley apparently will no longer put the Blank Iridium coating on regular glasses. They will only add it to the lens if you buy a frame that is a "sun frame" - they won't do it to a lens in a regular frame? Does anyone know why they stopped this or how I can get it added to a regular pair of glasses?

Last year (11/22), I purchased a pair of regular Oakley glasses at Lens Crafters, and they added the Black Iridium coating to the lens - they were AWESOME. Sadly, a couple of weeks ago I lost them, and Oakley apparently will no longer put the Blank Iridium coating on regular glasses. They will only add it to the lens if you buy a frame that is a "sun frame" - they won't do it to a lens in a regular frame? Does anyone know why they stopped this or how I can get it added to a regular pair of glasses?
Welcome

What do you mean by they added the Black Iridium Coating to the lenses?
What Frame did you loose?

They were the OX5113 Lizard (XL) with the Transitions Gen8. I had spoken to someone in customer service with Oakley and she said they can't add it but she wasn't in SportRX, which I will try (thank you!!) I went back to LensCrafters where I got them before, and they were not able to add the Black Iridium coating to the order. They still have the frame and I can order the same glasses but can't seem to find a way to get the Black Iridium that I had before.

And they were my husband's actually - and he is VERY VERY unhappy about losing them and not being able to replace them.

IMG_2127.JPG

I doubt any Retailer being able to add any kind of coating like Iridium. The Iridium is applied to the blank in a high vacuum chamber by evaporating the Iridium with high electric current. That's a multi million Dollar Equipment requiring Power like Shopping Mall.

Back