• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Black Iridium Polarized Or OO Black Iridium Polarized

-=Jeff=-

Oakley Expert
Which would you choose and why?

I have had several pairs of Black Iridium/Black Iridium Polarized..

I have one pair of VR28 Black Iridium Polarized

I have seen the Lens colors on Oakley's website

Is the OO more extreme contrast then the VR28?

the VR28 B.I.P. took a slight bit of getting I am trying to determine if I want to try the OO B.I.P or not

I would get OO if you can as I consider it one of the companys better lenses. Its, IMO, NOT as extreme as VR28...but very close. The color looking through them is different (its a G40 base so it has this rose/violet tint) and, to my eyes, took some getting used to-but I like it. The primary advantage in my experience of OO to VR28 is that is essentially performs LIKE VR28 in most regards-but with the eye hiding and exterior appearance properties of Black Iridium Polarized.

I would get OO if you can as I consider it one of the companys better lenses. Its, IMO, NOT as extreme as VR28...but very close. The color looking through them is different (its a G40 base so it has this rose/violet tint) and, to my eyes, took some getting used to-but I like it. The primary advantage in my experience of OO to VR28 is that is essentially performs LIKE VR28 in most regards-but with the eye hiding and exterior appearance properties of Black Iridium Polarized.

How is it any different than VR28 Black Iridium then?

How is it any different than VR28 Black Iridium then?

So less extreme form a contrast standpoint?

looking through the lens how is the darkness compared to the Black Iridium Polarized. I know the B.I.P is darker looking through it then the VR28 B.I.P seems to be.

Found a pair of Either B.I.P or OO B.I.P just deciding which might be better

To my eyes the OO is darker than VR. I think the contrast isnt has drastic as VR and so it appears darker, but the transmission when measured is the same. To my eyes OO is darker than VR but slightly lighter than BIP. One primary difference between VR and OO is VR is excellent at the transitions between shadow and light and you can see the line and peer into shadows well. OO performs less well in this regard but it pulls green out better. Ultimately, deciding between OO and BIP is more a matter of do you want a neutral darkening lens in BIP or a contrasting darkening lens in OO because the difference in brightness is minimal

so after using the lenses in person, how well are the image demos on Oakley's website?

looking at them ont he X Squared page.. OO looks really red more so then VR28, but it could be the images too

Doesnt OO have less polarization than BIP for better viewing of radio lcd screens in car and such.

Yes. Though for all other purposes the polarization looks the same to me...its a fine tuning. I've noticed variations in Oakley polarization of late though....my Square Wire BIP is off the chart while my Pit Boss BIP is more subdued.

Ebay search OO Squared oakley and see if you can find some replacement lenses with actual pictures..if you do you'll find two listings by each other one with -08 and -06 and you'll see the reddish tint. Note its more visible with light from the back just like brown is more noticeable on VR28 under similar conditions

FINALLY..

I made it to a Vault.. tried a pair of )) Black Iridium Polarized.. they are less intense then the VR28 Black Iridium Polarized I was wearing

The guys at the Vault were surprised when I said the Fire were not dark enough for me.. I might get a pair of OO Black Iridium Polarized lenses for my X squared to switch out the Fire. i like the look of the fire, but they seem not dark enough in bright conditions

Back