• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Black Iridium Polarized Vs Ice Iridium Polarized

jozo

Oakley Beginner
hi guys,is there any difference between Black Iridium and Ice Iridium lenses except for the look?i know these are both darker lenses and polarized,and i cant decide which one to take...

Last edited by a moderator:
They're pretty close to identical, from a wearer's perspective. Both are neutral tint with 9% light transmission. The ice have a slightly bluer look through them than BIP but they're very close. In my daily wear I consider them interchangeable, it just depends what look I'm going for.

OK, I got home late and barely caught the remaining sun, and I'm not much of a photographer, but here goes...

BIP on top, ice ir polar on bottom. It does look like the BIP are a little darker:
20140624_195540.jpg
20140624_195648.jpg

But these two pics were taken through the lenses, full coverage lenses right up to the camera. Can you tell the difference?
20140624_195726.jpg
20140624_195749.jpg

BIP on left, ice on right...

Last edited:
The bip does actually looks a bit darker, although both should be letting 9% of light trough the lens.big thanks to kronin 323 for these pics!!!

Back