• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Black Iridium Vs. Slate Iridium

• Thread starter Deleted member 24
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 24

Does anyone have a pair of black iridium and slate iridium they could take a photo of next to each other so I could see a comparison. I'm wanting to buy another custom and haven't owned a slate iridium in a while. Also, I know they are both iridium coated, but which one has more of a mirror look?

Definitely Black iridium, I have slate iridium in my canteen's and they don't have nearly the mirrored look Black iridium has. It's a very light lens, you see your eye's much easier. It's a great lens but to me not really a fan. Doesn't seem dark enough, and i don't like how an iridium lens is so transparent.... hope this helped.
I'd put Chrome first, Black second, and Slate iridium third on level of reflective mirror look :D

yeah Slate works for me more on overcast days or at dusk...nice lens but for mirrror and sun transmission go for Black all the way

I have Slate Irid. in my Oil Rigs. If you haven't already bought your custom, i can take a comparison pic when i get home tonight. Let me know.

Alright here are some pictures. Ontop are my grey smoke slate iridium flak jackets on bottom are my live strong with black iriudm jawbones.
I personally wouldn't buy slate iridium again I don't like that you can see my eyes like warm grey.

IMAG0146.jpg

IMAG0147.jpg

IMAG0148.jpg

Latest Posts

Back