• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Black MegaTower 3.0 home and filled!

Did you end up changing the lights out to LED? I just picked one of these up over the weekend and want to get rid of the fluorescent lights
Just noticed your reply. So I went out and just bought LED drop in T8 tubes.

Do these still run off the fluorescent ballast but are LED.

I was going to remove the ballast and use 120V direct LED tubes but this is sooo much easier for the time being. I hate rewiring tombstones…

Just noticed your reply. So I went out and just bought LED drop in T8 tubes.

Do these still run off the fluorescent ballast but are LED.

I was going to remove the ballast and use 120V direct LED tubes but this is sooo much easier for the time being. I hate rewiring tombstones…
Mine has interchangeable bulbs idk if I seen one with ballasts before. The halogen bulbs in mine get really hot though I’m in the process of trying to get leds. Don’t want it starting a fire. I typically always leave my 3.0 off for that reason.

Mine has interchangeable bulbs idk if I seen one with ballasts before. The halogen bulbs in mine get really hot though I’m in the process of trying to get leds. Don’t want it starting a fire. I typically always leave my 3.0 off for that reason.
My 3.0 has fluorescent ballasts and my 3.1 double has one in the bottom.

Broccoli explained what I have. This case has 2 either 18 or 24” fluorescent strip lights too and bottom in this case.
I just bought the LED drop in T8’s in 5000K if I remember correctly. The ones that work off the original ballast. I can rewire the tombstones (where the light goes in) for 120 and use 120v led T

Back