• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Black prototype minute machine on eBay

It might be a factory custom, it might not. It doesn’t matter either way. The DLC coating process used on it is not a proprietary method and can be done by many reputable third party companies that would be indistinguishable. It’s a commodity. Whether you want the collector’s pride and right to claim something came from inside Oakley’s doors would determine if you are willing to pay $2000 more than what you can get from sourcing it yourself.

This, perfectly. Some of the stuff, to collect, is asinine.

DLC process is not cheap, as stated it wouldn’t make the product triple the value.

Cool item but I’d get it done by a reputable person.

Personally OEM is better. Everyone has their own opinion, but original finish brushed titanium looks much better

image.jpg

DLC process is not cheap, as stated it wouldn’t make the product triple the value.

Cool item but I’d get it done by a reputable person.

Personally OEM is better. Everyone has their own opinion, but original finish brushed titanium looks much better

Yep, but even to DLC high level swiss watches, the process will run you about $900-1300 depending on your source. It's not cheap, but the prototype is still overpriced for being indistinguishable from another DLC company.

I do agree though, brushed finishes are king IMO. They're easy to maintain.

I have a black face bought from a member they are shipping next week
And a red face that I still have to pay for from another member
I was thinking that red one would look badass in black. A black XS with red lenses seem to be my favorite. Would make a nice outfit.

Yall are even entertaining the thought of this sellers reputation being questionable?

Back