• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Blackhawk Down Lenses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dylanismyname

Oakley Enthusiast
Hey im thinking about picking up a pair of Juliet X-metals, as ever since i saw Eric Bana wear them in Black Hawk Down ive liked them, the lenses on these are a real ruby red are these the standard red iridium? Or an aftermarket lens by another manufacturer. I ask this as i would prefer an all Oakley setup, but want o get as close as possible to the film.

http://www.militaryblog.jp/usr/ishid/oakley-juliethsunglasses-and-black-hawk-down-gallery.png

Thanks

Dylan

Those were the initial run of the x-metal and ruby Juliet's. I believe the number is 04-116 and they have the deepest colored ruby of all the releases and even then they are hit or miss if they will be that deep ruby or more toward the fire... I had a set and traded for a set of XX Metal Tio2's because the J's don't really fit me well.

Anymore you are going to have to go aftermarket to get a deep ruby color like that.

Get a custom cut +red iridium for Juliets by dr chop. I custom cut mine and here is what they look like...

oak71.jpg

Those were the initial run of the x-metal and ruby Juliet's. I believe the number is 04-116 and they have the deepest colored ruby of all the releases and even then they are hit or miss if they will be that deep ruby or more toward the fire... I had a set and traded for a set of XX Metal Tio2's because the J's don't really fit me well.

Anymore you are going to have to go aftermarket to get a deep ruby color like that.

I have to say, this screen shot doesn't show the true colour of that JULIET's lens.
"Hoot" was sitting in a Black Hawk after his extraction from his recon mission. The light is darker then outside, becaue he is sitting under a "roof". That kind of light condition will make a ruby lense look more red/purple.
There is, howerver, a very close shoot a little earlier when "Hoot" is getting intel' on target's movement at the market area. That shoot is so close with a natural sunny light condition which show the true beauty of the that JULIET X-Metal/RUBY!
And That is accurate! That is what U'll look like in other people's eyes when U're rock one of these Classice JULIET!!!

Actually, not all of those initial run JULIET X-Metal/Ruby has such deep red lens, or I should say only few of them do.

The colour of Ruby Iridium lens on JULIET is quite different from batch to batch even during the initial run. If U are lucky enough, U'll find a pair with lens almost look all red~deep red colour. If U are not lucky, then they are just not that red. But it's true that the initial run do have more "good" batches than those later release. The only problem is they are still kind of rare in new conditon.

good luck with your hunt , and be patient. Don't just jump to the aftermarket lens sets, 'cause the real deal is truly one of a kind!!!

I have to say, this screen shot doesn't show the true colour of that JULIET's lens.
"Hoot" was sitting in a Black Hawk after his extraction from his recon mission. The light is darker then outside, becaue he is sitting under a "roof". That kind of light condition will make a ruby lense look more red/purple.
There is, howerver, a very close shoot a little earlier when "Hoot" is getting intel' on target's movement at the market area. That shoot is so close with a natural sunny light condition which show the true beauty of the that JULIET X-Metal/RUBY!
And That is accurate! That is what U'll look like in other people's eyes when U're rock one of these Classice JULIET!!!

Actually, not all of those initial run JULIET X-Metal/Ruby has such deep red lens, or I should say only few of them do.

The colour of Ruby Iridium lens on JULIET is quite different from batch to batch even during the initial run. If U are lucky enough, U'll find a pair with lens almost look all red~deep red colour. If U are not lucky, then they are just not that red. But it's true that the initial run do have more "good" batches than those later release. The only problem is they are still kind of rare in new conditon.

good luck with your hunt , and be patient. Don't just jump to the aftermarket lens sets, 'cause the real deal is truly one of a kind!!!

Yep, I know. I owned a pair of them and they were cool but just don't dig the Juliet. I mentioned that the colorway of the lenses varies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back