• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Blacklight Collection Is Now "coming Soon" On Oakley.com

OK, I'm a long time lurker, but first time poster. I just picked up a pair of the blue/orange/fire Frogskins at the Oakley store in San Jose. The store only received the blacklights in three color combos: this one, black/+red, and yellow/blue/blue. They got three qty of each colorway this morning, so if anyone else wants to be the first kid on the block with a pair, you know who to call.

Based on the online pictures, I wasn't even planning on getting the blue/orange pair, but I quickly changed my mind, as they look amazing in person. I desperately wanted the yellow/blue/blue ones, but seeing them in person, the "yellow" is almost exactly the same color as the acid green froggies...just a matte version; I wouldn't even call it "yellow" at all. I'm so disappointed. Don't get me wrong, I love the acid green frogs (I own two pairs)...I was just expecting something more yellow for the blacklight collection. My quest for true yellow frogskins continues!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just discovered that only the ear stems of my glasses glow under blacklight! The blue frame doesn't seem to glow at all. I wonder if it's like this on all the colorways, or if the blue just doesn't glow very well. Anyone out there experimenting with blacklights yet?

frogskingblacklights.jpg

I was curious, so I decided to take the experiment a stem further, and test my Acid series Frogs under blacklight too. Guess what? They glow just as well (or maybe even a bit better) than the blacklight series.

Last edited by a moderator:
@NiGHTSx2 My Black/Red ones do not glow whatsoever.... I was kinda bummed when that happened, even though they still look sick! I don't really know why they don't react under Blacklight, unless I'm doing it wrong...

It's interesting that they have a blacklight fixture in the display case if not all the colors glow. Has Oakley ever said that the glasses react to blacklight? I know I've read it in almost evey post I've seen regarding this series...but maybe people were making an assumption based on the name.

Latest Posts

Back