• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Blade II OTT

I sold my own complete, mint glass, excellent box, via an ebay auction in Feb 2015 for £590 net (after ebay/paypal fees). Few made it out into the wider world as it was recalled by Oakley for legal reasons in the first days after release.
= $741 complete just over 2 years ago.
Romeo, so is it still 750 total out in the wild, or is that the number before recall?

Sorry yes Blade 2 1000 complete. 750 glasses only. Maybe. I still think between 600 and 750. Put it on ebay. Good luck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
I think I've made a good case, but Romeo and Dallas are so far above us in terms of both their collections and Oakley experience, that if I were you, I'd take their advice on valuation!! (Especially if you're selling to me!!!)

= $741 complete just over 2 years ago.
Romeo, so is it still 750 total out in the wild, or is that the number before recall?

I don't know how many were manufactured, or how many of the number produced were shared between sold/recalled pairs. I do know that for one the Hollywood Store received a pair and they had to send it back the day they got it. Another unknown it what happened to the pieces Oakley received from their recall. Over the years, it has seldom surfaced and few are known in collections. My guess is that a relative handful sold, and the rest either destroyed or lenses swapped out for the regular Black/Ruby pair. I cannot see there being near several hundred pieces sold, given the recall was instant. I also estimate the rarity is greater than the considered value, complete, mint, or otherwise.

I don't know how many were manufactured, or how many of the number produced were shared between sold/recalled pairs. I do know that for one the Hollywood Store received a pair and they had to send it back the day they got it. Another unknown it what happened to the pieces Oakley received from their recall. Over the years, it has seldom surfaced and few are known in collections. My guess is that a relative handful sold, and the rest either destroyed or lenses swapped out for the regular Black/Ruby pair. I cannot see there being near several hundred pieces sold, given the recall was instant. I also estimate the rarity is greater than the considered value, complete, mint, or otherwise.

I'm not sure if there was actually a recall. oakley.com had it for sale for a few weeks before it sold out for them. Dealers had it as well. You could still get it on eBay from sellers in 2003 that had multiple of them.

I don't appreciate the eBay suggestion. I am not posting it for sale. Simply wanted to know an estimate value since it does not appear often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Most of the time when someone new shows up and asks for value the next thing they're doing is trying to sell. ;)

Imo, I drool over these and being an everyday ott wearer I would love to have these. But even if I sold my own pair I wouldn't value a collectors piece that wasn't complete as that crazy amount of money, in my opinion I wouldn't value this over 500$ since there is not box etc. just my 2 cents

Imo, I drool over these and being an everyday ott wearer I would love to have these. But even if I sold my own pair I wouldn't value a collectors piece that wasn't complete as that crazy amount of money, in my opinion I wouldn't value this over 500$ since there is not box etc. just my 2 cents

You really wear OTT everyday? :shock: I would have thought it will be Oil Rigs.

Latest Posts

Back