• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Blast from the past, found some old watches

QuinsRulesOK

Oakley Beginner
Dug out my old Oakley watches. Three had boxes, other was just loose in a larger packing box! Did used to have a stealth GMT but it died, Oakley unable to repair at the time, so bought a pair of Nanowire 4.0 with the discount they offered me, which I still use today for driving. I've moved on a lot since the Oakleys, always been a watch guy, now got 7 automatics, 6 G-Shocks, and an Apple watch. Wear them all in random rotation.

But as you can see from the pics, the watches back in the day when I bought the Oakleys were so small. G-Shock just dwarfs them all now. Weird, these old Oakley watches are the only ones which I have kept for no other reason than sentimentality.

By the way, the foam padding in the Crush box, wow, after years of not being opened, it just disintegrated, went to mush in my hands, had to clean out the whole box and replace with some paper towels to pad out the box again for storage. Other two boxes, foam was obviously different material, was fine.

IMG_0598.jpg
IMG_0599.jpg

Dug out my old Oakley watches. Three had boxes, other was just loose in a larger packing box! Did used to have a stealth GMT but it died, Oakley unable to repair at the time, so bought a pair of Nanowire 4.0 with the discount they offered me, which I still use today for driving. I've moved on a lot since the Oakleys, always been a watch guy, now got 7 automatics, 6 G-Shocks, and an Apple watch. Wear them all in random rotation.

But as you can see from the pics, the watches back in the day when I bought the Oakleys were so small. G-Shock just dwarfs them all now. Weird, these old Oakley watches are the only ones which I have kept for no other reason than sentimentality.

By the way, the foam padding in the Crush box, wow, after years of not being opened, it just disintegrated, went to mush in my hands, had to clean out the whole box and replace with some paper towels to pad out the box again for storage. Other two boxes, foam was obviously different material, was fine.

View attachment 869413View attachment 869412
Nice collection

Back