• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Blasted Juliets

Got my 4th frame back from Mark today.....This one takes the cake! He refinished from 12" away instead of 6" the first time. The same dark finish but not as porous. Nice and dark X Metal finish with the texture of a factory frame. This frame became my Infinite Hero Hammerstem.....enjoy members and kudos Mark!!!.....you are really onto something here!!!!

u4ugumup.jpg

Got my 4th frame back from Mark today.....This one takes the cake! He refinished from 12" away instead of 6" the first time. The same dark finish but not as porous. Nice and dark X Metal finish with the texture of a factory frame. This frame became my Infinite Hero Hammerstem.....enjoy members and kudos Mark!!!.....you are really onto something here!!!!

u4ugumup.jpg

Compare with OEM please... How close?! Thats awesome

Color is dead on to X Metal. Texture isn't 100% but its very close. Here is a comparison of Marks 12" away dark finish to a 2nd Gen factory X Metal. Top pair is factory finish.

azadera8.jpg

Here is an arm comparison. Refinished in front.

epa7uqut.jpg

IMHO the 12" away dark finish most closely resembles factory X Metal.

Personally I prefer the more porous finish as opposed to the factory smooth finish. Daily wear pairs are more prone to light surface scratching and they show up quite easily on factory smooth finishes, where as a light surface scratch on the porous finish doesn't show at all.

Got my frame back today... Guys seriously i cannot emphasize enough how good a job Mark does, what i sent mark was a beat up nasty looking frame with dings in it and what i've got back looks like it just came off the assembly line at Oakley. Anyone doubting whether to send him your frames don't hesitate, you wont regret it.

Sorry for the quality of the pics, poor lighting and im **** with cameras. I dont have another X-Metal frame to hand right now, i've got a 1st gen frame at Oakley for a service at the minute, when it comes back i'll put a comparison shot up.

8077046565_0dd5070f95_z.jpg
XMetal Ice by Silent Oz, on Flickr

8077039216_885311030a_z.jpg
XMetal Ice 2 by Silent Oz, on Flickr

Back