• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Blends on ebay

Stirring up an old thread to ask if the currently listed BLENDS posted are Real, and if price is market average... or on the high side?

Check out my real ones along with their prototype brother.

Originally a crappy member here traded me for a fake one. Like sent me his fake pair he commissioned dr. Chop to paint..luckily it was such an obscenely bad fake I spotted it a mile away and he sent the legit one via FedEx overnight. I had threatened to call him out on every platform unless he made it right.. as if he could pull the wool over my eyes about a rare frog. I did some extra research regarding both of these and found their original source. I was eventually satisfied on their authenticity and was able to settle my mind. Still the fakes now are easy to spot. What a **** that guy was..
20190815_061414.jpg
20190815_061434.jpg
20190815_061316.jpg
20190815_061350.jpg
20190815_061218.jpg
20190815_061241.jpg
20190815_061141.jpg
20190815_061455.jpg

Check out my real ones along with their prototype brother.

Originally a crappy member here traded me for a fake one. Like sent me his fake pair he commissioned dr. Chop to paint..luckily it was such an obscenely bad fake I spotted it a mile away and he sent the legit one via FedEx overnight. I had threatened to call him out on every platform unless he made it right.. as if he could pull the wool over my eyes about a rare frog. I did some extra research regarding both of these and found their original source. I was eventually satisfied on their authenticity and was able to settle my mind. Still the fakes now are easy to spot. What a **** that guy was..

I am still stunned to hear a respected member with one of the largest collections would do something like that....create and then pass off a fake as authentic. I have since heard of other stories of respected collectors selling fakes but it is still unfortunate no matter how many times I hear the story.

I am still stunned to hear a respected member with one of the largest collections would do something like that....create and then pass off a fake as authentic. I have since heard of other stories of respected collectors selling fakes but it is still unfortunate no matter how many times I hear the story.
Your so right. Money makes people turn from kind to evil quickly. I always wondered to how many people he did screw over before trying with me..

Reviving this thread again for comments on the current Royal Lion pair on ebay. Wondering why this pair doesn't have the 'Blends' label/sticker on the box. Does anyone know if all the pairs had that label or did some have a generic box?

Reviving this thread again for comments on the current Royal Lion pair on ebay. Wondering why this pair doesn't have the 'Blends' label/sticker on the box. Does anyone know if all the pairs had that label or did some have a generic box?

Be very careful..I don't trust anyone with a blends anymore unless its my guy from HQ. To be honest don't buy a pair without a box unless you know that person well and trust them. The fakes are so hard to spot. There are numbers imprinted into the stems by the hinge. Ive found some of the fakes are missing those. It means you have to remove the stems though. So be careful.

Be very careful..I don't trust anyone with a blends anymore unless its my guy from HQ. To be honest don't buy a pair without a box unless you know that person well and trust them. The fakes are so hard to spot. There are numbers imprinted into the stems by the hinge. Ive found some of the fakes are missing those. It means you have to remove the stems though. So be careful.
I appreciate the info and advice. I didn't know they had numbers imprinted on them, thats pretty cool. After digging this thread up, I became pretty wary based on your experience. If your HQ guy is ever in the market to move a pair, tell them to drop me a line.

I appreciate the info and advice. I didn't know they had numbers imprinted on them, thats pretty cool. After digging this thread up, I became pretty wary based on your experience. If your HQ guy is ever in the market to move a pair, tell them to drop me a line.
If I come across anything I'll let you know. I know that Robert Lake had one he was trying to sell. Those were 100% legit and complete. I haven't seen him around for a bit though.

Back