• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Blue on X-Squared Hex Nosebridge Screws?

kronin323

Font of Useless Knowledge
Austin, TX
Just got my first pair of XS, in new condition. I noticed around those little hex nosebridge screws a little bit of blue stuff. Have any of you seen this before? Know what it is?

My first thought was thread lock, but I wouldn't think that was normally used.

My second thought was that the frame finish is polished carbon, and maybe there was some clear blue protective plastic (like the stuff you see when you buy a stainless appliance or something) on them when the screws were installed and it grabbed a little bit.

What do you think?

Don't know how well you can make it out in this pic:
20140320_171438.jpg

Loc-tite. Only common on the hex heads which are on the XS my bnew xmetal/ruby XS have em too. Not as easy to clean off tho, since the xmetal finish kinda soaked them in...

Good - so my first guess was on the right track, a thread lock - already benefiting from expanding my collecting scope beyond just Juliets, learning more...

Thanks everybody for your responses. Much appreciated.

Next month, Mars...

I noticed that on my recently purchased XSquared. It's got blue something on the screws. Now I know, it's Loc-Tite.

I have several BNIB XS and all have this threadlock on them. The used ones I guess loose the evidence after a while.

I am always surprised that this is not used more frquently. I just repaired my son's glasses (Rayban Rx) that had already been replaced once due to lost screws. Clearly a weakness in the design. Anyway I dabbed a bit of threadlock on it to avoid this in the future.

Back