• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

BMX Chrome Radar

Nyarlathotep

The Crawling Chaos
Premium Member
Mesa, AZ
I was never a huge fan of the radar until I bought the Ichiro's. I started looking a pair to use for riding but I never found any that jumped out at me. I've known these were at Bicycle Haus for a while now, but always overlooked them because I preferred jawbones. Since these are getting harder to find and they come with 3 lenses I decided to pick them up, and got a nice little discount on them too.

6133991239_1b4cbe93f8_z.jpg

Awesome pick up. I finally got my hands on a pair of Chrome BMX Jawbones that are brand new, no discount but a little premium instead, but I won't complain about that. Just make sure you read the posts about the chrome finish peeling and how to help prevent it from happening to yours, especially if your going to use these while riding and getting them sweaty. I had a pair of chrome bones that had the finish peeling because they weren't looked after before I got them, that will not happen once my new pair gets here.

I was worried about the chrome jawbones when I first got them because of the experience I had with moding my cars headlights. I wanted to take the chrome off of the inner housing and all it took was rubbing it with a wet cloth and it was black underneath. I thought my toxic sweat would do the same to the jawbones, so I just wore them a little bit. They grew on me and I started wearing them all the time, until I noticed the two black marks on the end of the earstem. I will make sure to wipe these down after every use.

OH yeah, a little bird told me to look out for radars and jawbones in the acid frogskin colorways coming this spring.

Latest Posts

Back