• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Bonz Custom Boneyard

Here's is one for all you splice fans !

IMG_20180913_201501946.jpg

IMG_20180913_201517786.jpg

IMG_20180913_201536651.jpg

Between The Hurricane and my son and his wife being here I haven't had much time to be online much lately. I have to hand it to Mr. Bonz, he did it again. The last Julie he did for me was anodized blue oribitals and factory oem Carbon on the nose and ear stems and I got those back from him back in May. They became my favorite pair as soon as I opened the box and none of my others had any melon time since then. I got this plasma frame off the Exchange a few weeks ago. Finish was perfect but loose as a 2 dollar hooker, not that I would know of course. So I decided to send them to Mr. Bonz and let him do what he does best. We talked about doing a green and black like the other one he did but of course this would require painting the nose and stems with Cerakote. I decided to have him do the orbitals in the green anodizing and leave the nose and stems plasma and we would see how that looked. Neither of us had seen this combo before and decided it was worth a shot. Worst case, we paint the nose and stems. For those who don't know, I am told Green is one of the hardest colors to do in a solid color. Mr. Bonz sent me a pick and he said he wasn't having much luck getting a deep solid green but he thought the bluish green looked really good with the plasma and asked me what I thought. It did look good, but I was really after the solid green and I think he knew this, and he told me that he was going to try it one more time and play with the voltage a little more. I told Mr. Bonz to crank it to eleven and let it rip. The next day I received a text message from my friend and he was quite excited. He knew he nailed it, and I was ready to choke my phone while waiting for the pic to load way out in the country, ain't like the wifi you city folks have. When it finally came through I couldn't agree more, HE NAILED IT AGAIN!!!!!!! I am sure not a photographer but I tried my best to take some pics but none of these truly show how awesome this frame came out. I bought a green set of Ikon lenses that Mr.Bonz had laying around and they look good in this frame, but I also had a green set of Revant Elite lenses that have a little gold to them and they look amazing in this frame. Had an old set of Linegear green rubbers that I through on them and once again I have a new favorite Julie in my collection, at least until I get the next frame back from my friend. Didn't mean to write a novel here, but let me wrap this up the best way I know how. If you got an X Metal frame laying around that has seen it's better days, or maybe you are just tired of the same old shades, or maybe you're on the fence about who to trust with your X Metal Vintage Relic. Get your azz off that fence and down to the post office now. I have said this before and I'm going to say it again. If you get something back from my friend, Mr. Bonz, that you just hate and refuse to wear. I will buy them off you for what you have in them, and pay for shipping, how is that for a guarantee? Below are a few pics I took, a few just as the camera took them and a few using the auto adjust thing on my phone. Trying to show you how awesome these really do look. Like I said, I ain't no picture taking professional, but the pics are worth exactly what you paid for them, so think about that before you start flapping your jaw about my crappy pics. To the man himself, THANK YOU MY FRIEND, ANOTHER HOME RUN RIGHT OVER THE CENTER FIELD WALL.
Later
NCH
JG 7.png JG 9.png JG 10.jpg JG 16.jpg JG 24.png

JG 25.png

Last edited:
Between The Hurricane and my son and his wife being here I haven't had much time to be online much lately. I have to hand it to Mr. Bonz, he did it again. The last Julie he did for me was anodized blue oribitals and factory oem Carbon on the nose and ear stems and I got those back from him back in May. They became my favorite pair as soon as I opened the box and none of my others had any melon time since then. I got this plasma frame off the Exchange a few weeks ago. Finish was perfect but loose as a 2 dollar hooker, not that I would know of course. So I decided to send them to Mr. Bonz and let him do what he does best. We talked about doing a green and black like the other one he did but of course this would require painting the nose and stems with Cerakote. I decided to have him do the orbitals in the green anodizing and leave the nose and stems plasma and we would see how that looked. Neither of us had seen this combo before and decided it was worth a shot. Worst case, we paint the nose and stems. For those who don't know, I am told Green is one of the hardest colors to do in a solid color. Mr. Bonz sent me a pick and he said he wasn't having much luck getting a deep solid green but he thought the bluish green looked really good with the plasma and asked me what I thought. It did look good, but I was really after the solid green and I think he knew this, and he told me that he was going to try it one more time and play with the voltage a little more. I told Mr. Bonz to crank it to eleven and let it rip. The next day I received a text message from my friend and he was quite excited. He knew he nailed it, and I was ready to choke my phone while waiting for the pic to load way out in the country, ain't like the wifi you city folks have. When it finally came through I couldn't agree more, HE NAILED IT AGAIN!!!!!!! I am sure not a photographer but I tried my best to take some pics but none of these truly show how awesome this frame came out. I bought a green set of Ikon lenses that Mr.Bonz had laying around and they look good in this frame, but I also had a green set of Revant Elite lenses that have a little gold to them and they look amazing in this frame. Had an old set of Linegear green rubbers that I through on them and once again I have a new favorite Julie in my collection, at least until I get the next frame back from my friend. Didn't mean to write a novel here, but let me wrap this up the best way I know how. If you got an X Metal frame laying around that has seen it's better days, or maybe you are just tired of the same old shades, or maybe you're on the fence about who to trust with your X Metal Vintage Relic. Get your azz off that fence and down to the post office now. I have said this before and I'm going to say it again. If you get something back from my friend, Mr. Bonz, that you just hate and refuse to wear. I will buy them off you for what you have in them, and pay for shipping, how is that for a guarantee? Below are a few pics I took, a few just as the camera took them and a few using the auto adjust thing on my phone. Trying to show you how awesome these really do look. Like I said, I ain't no picture taking professional, but the pics are worth exactly what you paid for them, so think about that before you start flapping your jaw about my crappy pics. To the man himself, THANK YOU MY FRIEND, ANOTHER HOME RUN RIGHT OVER THE CENTER FIELD WALL.
Later
NCH
View attachment 529507 View attachment 529508 View attachment 529509 View attachment 529513 View attachment 529511

View attachment 529512
Thanks again sir for your kind words !

Later
NCH
View attachment 529507 View attachment 529508 View attachment 529509 View attachment 529513 View attachment 529511

View attachment 529512
Wow buddy. Just wow..

Back