• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Boring style

All things come back eventually. The cycle of fashion and couture takes time. There are a lot of folks living in the past. I'm one of them. Hold onto your stuff because it will be trendy again as long as you live long enough. No one can deny that the golden age of the automobile was the 50's. Early model A and t bucket roadsters continue to be customized or restored but the height of the industry was big tail fins and chrome. We will never see that era again though. Preserve the time when Oakley was in its prime. It was and still is the golden age of design. Be glad that you experienced it even if only for a short time.
No dude, I'm talking about this subject. Beating a dead horse. Not sure how many times this has been discussed.

In those days I was taking a look on the O official site. So, I compared some models like Sliver, Chainlink, Valve, Turbine, Triggerman, and many others. Different names, same style. All squared or almost.
I remember times when originality was a dictate for and from Oakley.
Eye Jackets, Straight Jackets, Topcoats, Splice, Scar, Twenty, Racing Jacket, Minute, Moon and Mars, and many others. All differents. Any glasses had a different style, aggressive someones, smooth style others.
Honestly I miss a lot that style, hoping for the next range of sunglasses they will resume something from the past.
What do you think about?

Regard from Italy.

No dude, I'm talking about this subject. Beating a dead horse. Not sure how many times this has been discussed.
Yes I agree. . Maybe we can start a thread about the golden age of Oakley watches. I heard a rumor they aren't making them anymore.

As far as style, I am honestly more concerned with fit & function. At this point I only wear Batwolfs and M2s but they ooze style.

I don't think the style of Oakley has declined at all, unless you want to see more "hardcore" releases such as the Medusa.

What has declined is their ethics and customer service. I have had some fiascos trying to order from the site. Getting an email 3 weeks after purchasing that some parts are on backorder. Dysfunctional coupons. My card was actually double charged once.

I think their apparel is great but I heard they're ending it?

Oakley stores have some of the most clueless employees ever, they literally can't build a custom frame, can't attach lenses, can't answer questions and I have to teach them every step of the way. With some exceptions.

I don't wanna talk about x-metal.

...but with the phenomenal PRIZM releases it seems Oakley's innovation is still intact.

As far as style, I am honestly more concerned with fit & function. At this point I only wear Batwolfs and M2s but they ooze style.

I don't think the style of Oakley has declined at all, unless you want to see more "hardcore" releases such as the Medusa.

What has declined is their ethics and customer service. I have had some fiascos trying to order from the site. Getting an email 3 weeks after purchasing that some parts are on backorder. Dysfunctional coupons. My card was actually double charged once.

I think their apparel is great but I heard they're ending it?

Oakley stores have some of the most clueless employees ever, they literally can't build a custom frame, can't attach lenses, can't answer questions and I have to teach them every step of the way. With some exceptions.

I don't wanna talk about x-metal.

...but with the phenomenal PRIZM releases it seems Oakley's innovation is still intact.
And this is why Oakley makes so many glasses. Everyone has a different opinion.

All the glasses are square now...but all the older ones you(OP) mentioned where round(ish) and similar in style!..it's called following the trend of time..I'm sure they'll change soon enough and well keep on bitch..and spending

All things come back eventually. The cycle of fashion and couture takes time. There are a lot of folks living in the past. I'm one of them. Hold onto your stuff because it will be trendy again as long as you live long enough. No one can deny that the golden age of the automobile was the 50's. Early model A and t bucket roadsters continue to be customized or restored but the height of the industry was big tail fins and chrome. We will never see that era again though. Preserve the time when Oakley was in its prime. It was and still is the golden age of design. Be glad that you experienced it even if only for a short time.

Wait?!?

Golden age of the auto?!?! Height of the industry?!? But I thought it was....

image.jpeg

All the glasses are square now...but all the older ones you(OP) mentioned where round(ish) and similar in style!..it's called following the trend of time..I'm sure they'll change soon enough and well keep on bitch..and spending
Triangles people! Mark my words. The triangle has been neglected. Lol

Back