• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Bottle Cap Watch

I've seen this model listed on our price cheat sheets for a few months now so I'm glad to finally see some pictures of it. Depending on the size, this could potentially be my next watch. I like it a lot, but it's always hard to tell with pictures. Looks like it might be to replace the Holeshot.

Well... as I know nothing about watches, this is all information for me! It is wishful thinking however.
Sapphire is generally the top grade for watch crystals. You don't see it often on cheaper watches.

Forged is generally more expensive than cast, seeing as how a watch wouldn't really require the strength of a forging. CNC work on a forging might just be to touch up tolerances, but if they're adding it as a bullet point there might be additional processes.

Mechanical watches run as low as 4 Hz, which is why a lot of times you'll see a simple movement not tick every second. A Rolex with the "sweeping" second hand runs at around 29,000/hour or 480Hz with direct input. A good watch will run +/- seconds a day, but you're talking money,

Quartz generic runs tighter for cheaper, that's the reason for quartz.

Back