• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Bought A 5 Squared

MAGNUS

Oakley Enthusiast
ynemyves.jpg

e2uvezep.jpg

I was at the vault and I seen these Ducat I fives for $89. I have picked up fives and looked at them but never really tried them on. I tried them on and they fit really good for a small frame. I guess the stems have a good stretch to them. It's weird because gas cans don't fit to well and they are bigger. I looked up fives on the o review and they have a long lineage. I passes on the motorcycle gp ones, so if I see them again I will definitely pick them up. I might try the 4.0 as well.

Fives Squared are very light and comfortable, especially the newer ones with the unobtanium nose pieces. I picked up 2 pairs of polished rootbeer when 6pm.com had them on clearance for only $36.99 each with free shipping. My wife now has 3 pairs of Fives Squared (rootbeer, grey smoke, and custom mixed purple cerakote by CCL), plus a pair of original Fives she bought in 1998. I almost ordered a pair of multicam Fives Squared but found out they do not come with the new nose pieces. The SI ones do though. Your Ducati ones look great :cool-33:

Got a few pairs of fives squared; when did they start putting unobtanium nose pieces on them?

The multicams I tried on are available at a local store called Urban Tactical and you can buy them at OakleyForces.ca, but you have to be a member to purchase from both places. They are limited like the Standard Issue (S.I.) models. The matte black S.I. Fives Squared have the unobtanium nose pieces but the multicams still do not.

I'm not sure when Oakley added the unobtanium nose pieces to the Fives Squared. The first ones my wife bought were in 2011 and they did not have them. I purchased her other 2 pairs recently and both have the rubber pieces. They make big difference in comfort.

Speaking of Fives, my wife's co-worker gave her a pair of blue original Fives today. He had them in his locker for years and never wore them because he thought they were a bit girly. Here they are with her other 1st gen Fives that she bought in March of 1998 (still have the box, receipt, and soft vault). Now she has 5 Fives!

I threw in pictures of the multicam and matte black Fives Squared in case anyone is interested in seeing what they look like.
unnamed37_zpsd3d558e5.jpg
11-020-750x350_zpsc972243b.jpg
Multicam20Fives20Squared-750x350_zps5e8766a1.jpg

Back