• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Bought A Fake Oakley Jawbone?

Stancke

Oakley Beginner
Yesterday I bought a "brand new" Oakley Jawbone via eBay. This afternoon I came across a couple of fake/replica Jawbones on the net and now I just want to make sure that I bought a real one, so if anyone could help me... ;)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 626wt_1139

This was the ad of the glasses. I honestly doubt about it these is a real one but according to the seller these are real sunglasses but we all know these are just words ;)

If so, I don't panic 'cause I paid via Paypal...

Thanks in advance!

Sadly, but they're fake. Jawbones (with the exception of the BMX edition) come with 2 sets of lenses - not 3 like pictured. The small cloth the lenses are sitting on is not an oakley product. The soft bag also looks dodgy. I think you'll find they're indeed fake.

It could just include 3 lenses, but the microfiber cloth the lenses are laid on make me suspect they could be fake.

tavers said:
Sadly, but they're fake. Jawbones (with the exception of the BMX edition) come with 2 sets of lenses - not 3 like pictured. The small cloth the lenses are sitting on is not an oakley product. The soft bag also looks dodgy. I think you'll find they're indeed fake.

Partially agree with tavers.
The 3rd lens could be 3rd party lenses as they aren't vented. The cloth definitely is not authentic Oakley. As for the microfibre bag, can't really tell... it should have a Livestrong logo on the flip side of the tag, unfortunately, the pics doesn't show it.

It could be authentic Jawbones with 3rd party extra lens thrown in...

The venting on the lenses doesn't look quite right and like a few have pointed out the cleaning cloth the lenses are on is definitely fake. The third set of lenses is not normal, Jawbone usually only comes with one extra set (as tavers said BMX Chrome is the exception). A few too many little things wrong to say 100% real, but I guess we will find out when you get them. Snap some pics. Good luck!

Back