• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Bought a polished juliet today that needed some polishing!

Today I acquired my first ever hammerstem juliet. In total I have (3) x-metals. 2 juliets and 1 madman. My other juliet is a x-metal/ruby iridium combo.

Anyway the condition the polished came in I'd say 7/10. Flex coupler is quite loose and floppy. Frame had scratches/scuffs. Lens are 7/10, mostly peelign around edges along with some scratches here n there. Rubgbers are okay.

So I searched on this forum wahts a good way to polish, someone recommended Blue magic metal polish and a dremel with felt, and so I did just that... See end results!

First 3 pics are "before" and then you'll see the process.....I applied the stuff 3 times and end product with everythign installed. Not a drastic difference and sorry I had bad lighting

Now just need to bring to HQ to get flex coupler refreshed and some new rubbers.....maybe do that tomorrow.

View attachment 146028

View attachment 146022

View attachment 146029

View attachment 146027

View attachment 146024

View attachment 146025

View attachment 146026

Wow, awesome job! This is exactly the info I'm looking for, thanks!!

Great job on the polish. I bought a pair of OCP polished juliets from my O store, and the finish looked very similar to yours. The flex coupler was also a bit looser than I was used to with my Carbon pairs. Not sure if that was just the way they made the polished frames or what. And yes, hammerstems are awesome on the Juliet. I just wonder why only the polished frames got them.

The no serial, sku polished? 4th and 5th gen polished frames used rounded tabs to hold the flex coupler. This translates into more movement AKA looseness. However, the coupler lasts longer, I believe.

The no serial, sku polished? 4th and 5th gen polished frames used rounded tabs to hold the flex coupler. This translates into more movement AKA looseness. However, the coupler lasts longer, I believe.

Wow that’s an old post, but still did not know about the rounded tabs.

This one has no markings at all must be 4th gen.