• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Bought brand new, but the lens after i took the plastic off

Azznho

Oakley Beginner
Need help, whats happening?

15742615060412280396116430136524.jpg

Additional photos of your situation... you've provided us a single close up (of what?) - from seeing the whole picture, we'll have a better idea if your whole house is on fire or if you're just overreacting to something simple like your neighbor BBQ'ing
burninghouse.jpg

Also adding more context to the situation, like...
What is your concern about specifically...
That your face foam is red?
That something looks seriously wrong (specify what's wrong)?
That condensation or sticky resin is present on your inner lens from the film?
That you don't know how to remove the goggle lens to properly clean the lens?

From what I can tell, you have a flight deck w/ prizm torch, with grease (from you hair after you tried them on/off) on the inner lens, or grime that got stuck to the film (due to there being air pockets between the lens/film)... just take out the lens and wipe it off with the microfiber.

Need help, whats happening?

View attachment 677029

Last edited:
Youre right. Sorry. Moment of panick did that to me.

I was refering the reisdue loking dirt grease looking thing on my inner lens as it is brand new, just took the film off.

I finally use water and the goggle pouch to wipe the residue looking dirt off. Hope it doesnt affect the lens functionality.

I finally use water and the goggle pouch to wipe the residue looking dirt off. Hope it doesnt affect the lens functionality.

Umm..

Don't panic, but...

Did you you wipe the moisture up with the microfiber after you rinsed it?

Because if you wiped it off, rather than just laying it flat to soak up the moisture (or just left it to air dry), you might have hindered the functionality. As the inner lens is coated with an anti-fog film, which can be messed up when you try an wipe water off the inner lens - rather you're suppose to leave the lens out to air-dry. It'll tell you that in the little proper care guide book pamphlet found inside the box, you can also find it online; https://www.oakley.com/en-ca/support/product-care

Hopefully you just air dried it, if not... fingers crossed you lucked out and nothing is affected
Screen Shot 2019-11-20 at 10.03.28 PM.png

Last edited:
Umm..

Don't panic, but...

Did you you wipe the moisture up with the microfiber after you rinsed it?

Because if you wiped it off, rather than just laying it flat to soak up the moisture (or just left it to air dry), you might have hindered the functionality. As the inner lens is coated with an anti-fog film, which can be messed up when you try an wipe water off the inner lens - rather you're suppose to leave the lens out to air-dry. It'll tell you that in the little proper care guide book pamphlet found inside the box, you can also find it online; https://www.oakley.com/en-ca/support/product-care

Hopefully you just air dried it, if not... fingers crossed you lucked out and nothing is affected
View attachment 677191

Ouch, i guess my brand new lens are done....

Ouch, i guess my brand new lens are done....
Yeah it's unfortunate, I've had it happen to handful of lenses I've lent out an even done it myself a couple times... Don't bother trying to get Oakley to warranty the lens because it's an user error, not a fault on their end so it'll get denied.

As far as being totally done... that depends, when the inner coating beings to fail you end up with splotches of hazy vision/fogged up portions, when it's totally FUBAR imagine spreading vasicline on the inner lens an trying to see 🙈 at that point you just shred w/o them

If you inner looks clear you might've lucked out, but if you end up running into fogging issues then you'll know why. Read the little booklet on how to care for them... It took me ruining two lenses until I read the book myself lol

Back