• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Bought first pair of Oakley's and now I'm addicted...

MarkCobra

Oakley Beginner
Hi everyone!

New to the Forum and new to Oakley's.

Was at the local Vault and decided I needed a pair of Oakleys. Picked up a pair of Square Wire in Tungsten Frame / Tungsten Iridium Polar... Love them...These are my go to sunglasses when occasions call for a dressier look. Girl who worked there said get 50% off another pair on the back wall. So I saw a custom pair of Fuel Cells that were returned. Polished Clear Frame / Ice Blue Lens w/ Green Icons. $40. I aso got USA Bag, Camo hardcase and cleaning kit. So now my first question is what do you all think of these Fuel Cells? Are the colors cool? Or should I get some black icons and black iridiums? Thanks, Mark

File_000.jpeg

Well, I think maybe it's too much, I actually just bought a pair of black icons for the fuel cells on eBay for $12. I think they'll look better. I also just bought another pair of fuel cells in black ink / black ird pol. I love the Oakley ice blue lens.

I think you should wear them and show them off, then change the icons and do the same damned thing all over again!

You would have to seriously dedicate yourself to really "F-ing up" a pair of Oakleys based on color and icons. And even then one of us would want to buy it from you!

;)

Welcome I can agree they are addictive. I had only owned 1 pair of sunglasses on my whole life they were NIKE Golf they were nice but the quality wasn't anywhere near Oakley. So it took me 10 years before I bought another pair and got Oakley Flak Jackets and the quality was 100X's better. To your question I think they look just fine. Especially if you like them. There will always be some who don't like them but the way I look at it if you like them go for it if they don't like them they don't have to wear them. Good luck and welcome to the site.

Back