• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Bought Ruby Juliet Lenses That Had A Scratch. Is This Acceptable?

Kiwi

Oakley Expert
WA
Went to the O store and bought a pair of Ruby lenses for my juliets. I figured the lenses would be flawless but when I examined them at home, the left lens has a pretty deep scratch about 1 cm long at the lower right corner. Is this acceptable? I plan on wearing these daily so they might get scratched more in the future but the fact that they are already scratched bothers me.

Any one else received scratched lenses from Oakley?

I would go back to the store, ask for the manager and explain the situation. I'm sure they'll let you exchange them for a new set.

I'd follow Batwolf's advice and bring them back to the store. One of two things can happen:

1.) They're understanding, apologize for selling you scratched lenses and exchange them for you.

2.) They think you damaged the lenses yourself while installing them into the frames and that you're trying to pull a fast one on them. They'll tell you "Sorry."

I think the end result will probably be #2, but you've got nothing to lose by trying. They might just surprise you and exchange them.

don't feel bad bro...I bought a pair of Ruby Half Jacket lenses once at the Irvine Spectrum store. I inspected them there for scratches...Note I only said scratches...They were flawless. Except for the fact the freaking things were both the same side!!!! I was PIIIIISSSSSEEEEEEDDDDDD and especially when they wouldn't swap em...Man that was a real kick in the gut. Pay closer attention is something I learned that time. I mean wtf was I going to do with 2 left lenses??

don't feel bad bro...I bought a pair of Ruby Half Jacket lenses once at the Irvine Spectrum store. I inspected them there for scratches...Note I only said scratches...They were flawless. Except for the fact the freaking things were both the same side!!!! I was PIIIIISSSSSEEEEEEDDDDDD and especially when they wouldn't swap em...Man that was a real kick in the gut. Pay closer attention is something I learned that time. I mean wtf was I going to do with 2 left lenses??

That's awesomely terrible

Plead your case, but don't expect a damn thing. My store shows me everything before I buy, and I look them over very well. I wouldn't have looked for a left and a right if I bought lenses, but I will now...