• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Bought XMetal From Another Country = Customs Issues?

Sundalo

I should Work at Oakley
WPB, FL.
Just bought a Penny(ebay) from Stockport, UK and the seller didn't put "gift" when he/she shipped it. Will customs hold it and I have to pay fees? How much are the customs fee gonna be?

USA doesn't do anything below $250 I believe. If they declared the country of origin as the US you might be OK as well. Otherwise you might get some duties.

Hehe, I said duties.

USA doesn't do anything below $250 I believe. If they declared the country of origin as the US you might be OK as well. Otherwise you might get some duties.

Hehe, I said duties.

Does shipping included in that $250? I got it for $249.41 + $15 S/H. I did read ebay's Prohibited Items list and didn't see sunglasses.

It would be the declared value on the customs form, not what you paid.

If they marked it gift it might work some way else.

You know who has answers to these questions? The US Customs office more than likely.

Custom based valuation on declared value on the custom declaration sticker. Custom fees varies among countries. Here in UK sunglasses has an import duty of 2.9% and VAT rate of 20%

are they only 2.9% import duty? That's quite good, I bought a wheelchair part from the US, 10% import duty, 20% VAT and a £10 fee from royal mail for their services!

usuvu4yb.jpg

The other thing to consider if it was shipped insured, then they have to declare its value on the form, but I am not sure if gift counts...

Back