• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Bourbon

It's not bourbon but I found this Cask Strength Res Breast while shopping for bourbon. Went in looking for Heaven's Door, 10yr. Came out with this, quite enjoyable and now I need to rest of the Red Breast collection.
20210906_131123.jpg

Ok so I've recently discovered that I really love an old fashioned. I've just drained my bottle of woodford reserve double oaked, and will be getting more later today. Do you guys have any suggestions as to how I might add some "smoky" tones without the hassle of some overly contrived smoking box etc? Any recommendations for another quality bourbon perhaps. I've tried Peet Monster(?) Smoked scotch, and it literally tasted like I drank it from a soggy 2 day old firepit. I'd really prefer not to mess around with smoking chips, glass domes etc. Just for a few cocktails during the week. I do plan to smoke some cherries after the holidays, but until then, any suggestions are appreciated.

Certainly can give you some suggestions once I get home. Woodford double oaked is a great bourbon, one I really enjoy.

Yup, the woodford is definitely my favorite, and I'm pretty picky. That's why the need for solid suggestions, cause if I dont like it, it's like money flushed down the toilet. I've been looking for smoked Bordeaux cherries and cant find any for the life of me. This all actually started after trying the "smoked old fashioned" at Bonefish grill believe it or not. Up until then I was a beer and shot of crown guy.

I'm in Florida, (Ocala area)
Ive just moved here from Buffalo, NY and am just settling in to the area, but so far the only "tastings" I've seen so far are club type events.
Once I'm completely settled, this may be an option, but for now my time is severely limited.
I'm quite happy to stick with the woodford, I just want to get a little smoke flavor without playing with fire and stinking up the house.

I'm in Florida, (Ocala area)
Ive just moved here from Buffalo, NY and am just settling in to the area, but so far the only "tastings" I've seen so far are club type events.
Once I'm completely settled, this may be an option, but for now my time is severely limited.
I'm quite happy to stick with the woodford, I just want to get a little smoke flavor without playing with fire and stinking up the house.
That's quite a move! I know people in both places, and I do enjoy FL.

Latest Posts

Back