• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Branching Out Into Ten (X)

My first pair of Oakleys were the Gascan, I liked it at first but then realised it was too small on my noggin, so I turned to it's bigger brother Fuel Cell. This was perfect for a while until I decided these are much too square, this led me to Monster Dog, my favorite pair. Keeping just one type led to a little bit of boredom so I experimented with Monster Pup and as much as I wanted to like it the reality was it was built for smaller craniums.

At first I discounted the Ten (X) for it's clunky hinges (thanks Herbs) but after seeing pictures of both Rustpot and Badness (cheers guys) I have decided to give them chance, because the more I look at them they appear to me as the Monster Dog's "Fuel Cell".

I have a pair of 00 Red Iridium Polarized (why not just call it +Red?) coming to me. I will report my findings back here and who knows I could be onto something good!:confused:

Love my X's, they do remind me of the dawgs somewhat. I agree with you on the squareness of gascans and fuel cells, I have sold off all gascans and if I could, the fuel cells would follow!

I think you'll like them! The hinge isn't *that* bad, at least it doesn't have some sort of off-color strip like a lot of pairs are getting (Jupiter, Straight Jacket, et al).

I got mine as empty frames on ebay and bought some lenses at the local vault. They're easily my favorite pair for casual wearing. No oval-icon pairs come close to it in terms of coverage and comfort for me. I couldn't do Fuel Cells and ended up with a pair of Batwolfs (the bigger, BIGGER, Gascan?) but something about wearing a box on my face just doesn't jive with me.

The X is definitely for bigger heads! I'm thinking about another colorway, but there just aren't many options for these out there. Black ink, brown smoke, tortoise, polished black, grey, matte black, rootbeer (essentially a brighter brown smoke) and white chrome. So essentially black, brown, or the white chrome that I'm not a fan of. No dark blues, cinder/blood, shadow camo, metallics, etc. :mad:

Latest Posts

Back