• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

brazilian fan from a town u never heard of

All I have to say is the Portuguese women sporting Oakley’s are the best. It’s almost sac religious to see a hot chick rocking metals or a Medusa. Over there it’s the new norm. Love that. Keep the spirit over in Brazil. Be there at some point to see a few of my obros there!

Bom tarde

S

Aloha and welcome to the Forum.

IMG_8722.gif

Hello, iam from Goiânia, Brazil, a relatively small city in the center of Brazil. Ive always been an oakley fan, I used to watch movies and action sports with my dad and we would always mention to each other when a rider/actor was wearing any oakley product, specially the glasses of course. Two to three years back I got my first oakley glasses ( a radar ev zero path panet x - red iridium). Unfortunately I lost them, but it was really nice to have shown it to my dad before he passed. He used to ride dirt bikes he was young. It was really nice as well to wear it in front of my friends and see them make fun of it at first, then say it looked awesome. My "collection" is basically a wind jacket 2.0 (please do not talk about me having basically snow googles living in a very hot city), and my latest and proudest item, a surfstyle windbreaker in not so great condition.
Oakley in Brazil is a love hate relationship, from what ive seen here, u guys are aware of the many counterfeit and fake products we have, people look at you like ure a weirdo with crazy sunglasses, but, there are a lot of people who really love the brand and what it represents, and, it is also a big part of the subculture of funk music, which is awesome, is a pillar of their aesthetics, if u go on youtube and type 'oakley funk' there are literally hundreds of songs about it. I think I said too much for this introduction.
Thank you for creating this platform, whoever you are.
Bem vindo a Nossa familia🤘🏻

Hello, iam from Goiânia, Brazil, a relatively small city in the center of Brazil. Ive always been an oakley fan, I used to watch movies and action sports with my dad and we would always mention to each other when a rider/actor was wearing any oakley product, specially the glasses of course. Two to three years back I got my first oakley glasses ( a radar ev zero path panet x - red iridium). Unfortunately I lost them, but it was really nice to have shown it to my dad before he passed. He used to ride dirt bikes he was young. It was really nice as well to wear it in front of my friends and see them make fun of it at first, then say it looked awesome. My "collection" is basically a wind jacket 2.0 (please do not talk about me having basically snow googles living in a very hot city), and my latest and proudest item, a surfstyle windbreaker in not so great condition.
Oakley in Brazil is a love hate relationship, from what ive seen here, u guys are aware of the many counterfeit and fake products we have, people look at you like ure a weirdo with crazy sunglasses, but, there are a lot of people who really love the brand and what it represents, and, it is also a big part of the subculture of funk music, which is awesome, is a pillar of their aesthetics, if u go on youtube and type 'oakley funk' there are literally hundreds of songs about it. I think I said too much for this introduction.
Well, you are correct, I had never heard of your home, so points for you. Looking at the map, it is a pretty big city, not a lot smaller than Brasilia.

It would be great to see the counterfeits and knock offs you encounter. I have seen some amazingly funny knock off products produced by people who have no idea what they are doing. Frequently combining the names of super hero characters with images of OTHER characters.

I think you could have an interesting blog showing us what you find on the streets du Brazil! Obregado!

Bem Vindo a familia paraceirinho 🙏🏻❤️

Back