• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

BriP's X-Metal Collection

From the pics, the gold seems great. But it wears off? ARGH!

The lenses he has in them are Black Iridium now and I'd switch them over to the 24K ones which are still on Oakley.com.

yeah, okay sounds like a good pickup if you can get them below 200. MAN i want one.

just look for wear underneath the tips of the earstem (part that touches the tabletop when you rest them on the table). also near where it touches the ears, sometimes oils get to it. dont get me wrong it doesnt wear much at all if you treat them right, ie clean and store properly.
another big one is middle of the nosebridge, that scratches if the frames have been dropped. check for scratches under the orbital too, where the screws go in, those scratch if dropped. make sure the screws arent rounded and stuck!

yeah, okay sounds like a good pickup if you can get them below 200. MAN i want one.

just look for wear underneath the tips of the earstem (part that touches the tabletop when you rest them on the table). also near where it touches the ears, sometimes oils get to it. dont get me wrong it doesnt wear much at all if you treat them right, ie clean and store properly.
another big one is middle of the nosebridge, that scratches if the frames have been dropped. check for scratches under the orbital too, where the screws go in, those scratch if dropped. make sure the screws arent rounded and stuck!
The guy's claiming that the frame is in excellent shape so hopefully he's being truthful. I'll ask about the stuff you pointed out though!

Back