• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

BriP's X-Metal Halloween Special

ALRIGHT! UPDATE: The XX-Straight has gone for tuneup, along with my Romeo2. Awaiting it's return.. i wonder if they'll hook me up with new earstems, and rubbers? crossing my fingers! I NEED nosebombs i have none! and if they give me a spare set of hammerstems that would be SO sweet.. but thats probably abit wishful. will call them on monday to check the progress. WOOT!

i forgot to update this! the XX is back, all tuned up! and i got new black iridium lenses for it! so all worked out well =)

6996986191_86078c8ac3_b.jpg

Attachments

• 6996986191_86078c8ac3_b.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 260
  • 6996986191_86078c8ac3_b.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 204
What all does Oakley do to "tune up" a set of X-Metals?

I just joined this forum. Good stuff, but it makes me sad - I lost a set of X-Metal XX years ago and this forum makes me miss them!

If you buy a used set that have scratches, is there anything that can be done to fix the finish? (speaking of the black finish)

What all does Oakley do to "tune up" a set of X-Metals?

I just joined this forum. Good stuff, but it makes me sad - I lost a set of X-Metal XX years ago and this forum makes me miss them!

If you buy a used set that have scratches, is there anything that can be done to fix the finish? (speaking of the black finish)

they replace all rubbers and also tighten the flex coupler in the nosebridge with new rubber inserts.
Scratches on the Xetal finish cant be mended - but some do a full polish and turn the frame into a polished pair.. seems popular? but i like the beaten Xmetal look.. gives it character haha!

they replace all rubbers and also tighten the flex coupler in the nosebridge with new rubber inserts.
Scratches on the Xetal finish cant be mended - but some do a full polish and turn the frame into a polished pair.. seems popular? but i like the beaten Xmetal look.. gives it character haha!

X metal blemishes can be touched up,with some fine steel wool, just be careful not to get near the lenses.

Back